Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by a thread in the 166 lounge, but it's something I'm curious about:

How old are GTV drivers?

I'm 23, but bought mine when I was 22. Most other GTV'ers seem to be older than me, but I'm curious as to what the average age is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I,m 57 and drive a spider and my son who is 28 drives a GTV, There is no average age for a GTV or any alfa owner come to that the average comes in the way alfa owners brain cells are arranged

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
37 but I was 36 when I bought the GTV 4 months ago! :) Worst thing is I have two kids (4 and 8) that I need to transport from time to time! Still good for longish trips but I imagine that soon I'll only be able to move my eldest on short town trips and nothing more. I'll hang onto my bella for as long as I can!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Must vary but I'm sure all GTV/Spider drivers share a commonality in youthful spirit... !! :lol:

28 here

G

·

I think the average will be quite low as they are so impractical for kids etc.

Although there may be some oldies which have them as a second car/toy which will increase the average a bit.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I think the average will be quite low as they are so impractical for kids etc.

Although there may be some oldies which have them as a second car/toy which will increase the average a bit.
True, a lot of the older owners with families probably have 2 cars. I'd love to think I'd be driving a GTV (or a modern Alfa equivalent) in 10 or 20 years time, but if I move in with my other half, I'd only be able to afford one car and so the GTV might have to go because of it's practicality. But I'm gonna keep it for as long as possible :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im 57 and just got my GTV recently, I am sure most owners must be older cos you dam near need a second mortgage to keep it on the road. Not my toy, that is a 1971 VW beetle convertible for sunny days only!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
i'm 29.

Got the car when i was 27, and at the time perceived myself as one of the younger owners, but not really the case anymore

·
Registered
384 Posts
my second car is a 2 seater twin turbo z! so this is the practical one for me ; -)
yup , our other car is the S1 Lotus Elise, so the GTV is the practical one for us too...

oh...and 38

1 - 20 of 165 Posts