Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have no service record of this filter being changed the car is at 130k.. Would it be time for a replacement? Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok not sure when mine was last changed didn't see it in any of my history think it best to do it.. It just a case off unscrew and refit just like a oil filter.. I can see its quite easy to gain access to it

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
2 quick disconnect hoses on top, 2 electrical connectors up top, and depending on the age of your car, possibly one electrical connector on the base of the filter...

I usually undo everything at the top I can reach, undo the 2x13mm nuts holding the bracket against the firewall, pop the whole filter/bracket assembly off the mounting studs, and lift it up so I can get easier access to the electrical connector on the base...

Then unscrew the sensor in the base of the filter, let the fuel drain into my drain pan, make sure you grab the o-ring and it doesn't stick up on the sensor.

Unscrew the filter from the bracket/housing, grab the two o-rings from the top.. Reassemble in reverse order.

Should be 3 old o-rings coming off with the old filter (assuming you have to swap the sensor in the bottom of the filter!), 1 at the bottom, 2 at the top.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 quick disconnect hoses on top, 2 electrical connectors up top, and depending on the age of your car, possibly one electrical connector on the base of the filter...

I usually undo everything at the top I can reach, undo the 2x13mm nuts holding the bracket against the firewall, pop the whole filter/bracket assembly off the mounting studs, and lift it up so I can get easier access to the electrical connector on the base...

Then unscrew the sensor in the base of the filter, let the fuel drain into my drain pan, make sure you grab the o-ring and it doesn't stick up on the sensor.

Unscrew the filter from the bracket/housing, grab the two o-rings from the top.. Reassemble in reverse order.

Should be 3 old o-rings coming off with the old filter (assuming you have to swap the sensor in the bottom of the filter!), 1 at the bottom, 2 at the top.

Perfect. Thanks buddy

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
keep the blank that is on the bottom of the filter (for the sensor). I screwed my sensor back in and it leaked fuel everywhere when I hit the ignition! Screwed the blank back in a tucked the sensor out of the way. It doesn't throw any error code :)

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
40k on my first filter now...

service schedule says every 44k to change. It's a £40 part in the Giulietta....
TBH I as considering stretching out the interval on a few items... Fuel filter being one of them...

Last few times I've done the 12k service, the fuel and air filters look barely touched...

Oil and filter every 6k, then air an fuel maybe every 18k...

·
Registered
481 Posts
My car is on 76k and changed the diesel filter twice
Oil gets changed every time tbe warning light for "change oil"comes up. Prior to egr delete it used to happens twice a year and since the egr delete it happens every 8 months as an average.
Air and pollen filter gets changed once a year regardles of mileage
I drive mainly in town and an average of 9k miles a year

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts