Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm looking into possible ownership of a GTV but have heard that headroom can be tight for tall drivers. I'm 6' 3" and wonder if anyone has had any problems with this? I'm not looking for a car with a sunroof as I know this will reduce the interior roof height. Thanks in advance

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
I don't know about the GTV, but the Spider has more than ample headroom for me and i am 6' 0'' - and no, I don't mean with the roof down :D

Can't imagine the roof line of the GTV would be dramatically different internally - best way would be to go find a dealer with one for sale and see for yourself IMHO

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, it would be the obvious route. I may have to stalk any GTV owners at the Bristol Italian Festival in April to see how comfy I'll be behind the wheel. You have been warned ;)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Best to go out a get in one but you may find it snug. Bear in mind that if you have long lower legs, when you release the clutch your knee may hit the steering wheel! I'm 6 foot and find the roof height ok with no sunroof.
Your main question should be about yourself, are you an a to b driver that just wants a car to get about or are you prepared to give these cars the time (and £) that they need? The GTV and Mondeo are totally different cars, don't expect the GTV to perform like the Mondeo - it is waaaaaaaay more fun! If this is your first Alfa a 147/GT (depends on your budget and requirements) may be a better start. But if you want to jump in at the 'deep end' read the threads and pick up as much info as you can before you buy.

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
Thanks for that, it would be the obvious route. I may have to stalk any GTV owners at the Bristol Italian Festival in April to see how comfy I'll be behind the wheel. You have been warned ;)
Nah, get to a dealership and take one for a spin - that's the best route. Even if you are cramped up like a deformed monkey the smile it will bring you driving it will far outweigh any permanent disabilities you will cause yourself as a result :D

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nah, get to a dealership and take one for a spin - that's the best route. Even if you are cramped up like a deformed monkey the smile it will bring you driving it will far outweigh any permanent disabilities you will cause yourself as a result :D
Lol, true words PD!
Pain, what pain?

·
Banned
1,840 Posts
One other point, the seats in the Spider go way back, again I can't speak for the GTV which may be significantally different (due to the rear seats obviously)

The steering on mine only adjusts for rake and not for reach though so my ideal position is somewhat compromised - a minor gripe, but thought I'd add it anyway

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm 6'2" and in proportion. I too would love the reach adjustment as all Italians are midgets with short legs and long arms (allegedly). Other than that the seating position is fine. Be prepared to knock the windscreen wipers and indicators of with your kness tho'

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi, I'm looking into possible ownership of a GTV but have heard that headroom can be tight for tall drivers. I'm 6' 3" and wonder if anyone has had any problems with this? I'm not looking for a car with a sunroof as I know this will reduce the interior roof height. Thanks in advance
I too am 6'3" and fit comfortably with a slightly reclined seat. If I'm overdue for a haircut, then it brushes against the ceiling, which is a bit annoying :lol:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm 6'2", with long legs (34") as opposed to long body. My GTV has no sunroof, and with the steering wheel adjusted for rake and reach, I'm perfectly comfortable.

Would agree with PD though; even if it had been a squeeze, I'd still have bought it after the test drive - nothing like that GTV grin!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I suspect that the 'taller' drivers above have GTV's with height-adjustable seats.

My GTV doesn't have this function, and at 6' 0" tall, my hair brushes the roof if I sit upright. It doesn't worry me of course, but I would imagine that someone of your height in my car would need to slouch a little...... unless you were 120 kgs and so the seat would 'sink' under your weight.... :)

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm the same height with a sunroof.

Unsurprisingly, I have the seat back inclined quite a lot, yet it's one of the most comfortable cars I've driven (though I've always had a bad back, so I may not be typical).

Clambering in and out can a bit of effort on the other hand.

As others have said, try it and see if you can get an extended test drive.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Fine here at 6'4"... seats not height adjustable... but I do have the seat right back and reclined quite a bit. I find this position comfortable but a hamster wouldn't fit on the seat behind me!

The only thing that annoys me is that there is not enough room to the left of the clutch pedal to slide my foot down to the foot rest! I haven't got big feet - honest - but this annoys me a bit... surely others must find this to, or do I have a wonky clutch pedal?

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
I'm 6'2", with long legs (34") as opposed to long body. My GTV has no sunroof, and with the steering wheel adjusted for rake and reach, I'm perfectly comfortable.

Would agree with PD though; even if it had been a squeeze, I'd still have bought it after the test drive - nothing like that GTV grin!
I'm just under 6' and my legs are quite long about 32" I think the GTV has alot more room then some other alfas I have driven :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
Cheaky beggers!

There's plenty of space between all the pedals and there position is good... I'll just have to buy smaller shoes obviously!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I'm 6.2 and prefere to sit more upright (bad back), i find that position comfortable, and white no feel of that there is not enough room, PH1 seat's is a bit lower then PH2.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts