Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the oil and filter in the 16V for the first time. I reckon nearly 5 litres came out and when I put 4 litres back in, which is what the 16V hand book says and all my other Sprints and 33's have had, it is well below the mark on the dip stick. Any suggestions? Does the 16V have a bigger sump and can the hand book be wrong. And why is the dip stick wrong?

cheers
tassie tony

·
Registered
268 Posts
Just changed the oil and filter in the 16V for the first time. I reckon nearly 5 litres came out and when I put 4 litres back in, which is what the 16V hand book says and all my other Sprints and 33's have had, it is well below the mark on the dip stick. Any suggestions? Does the 16V have a bigger sump and can the hand book be wrong. And why is the dip stick wrong?

cheers
tassie tony
First make sure you check the oil level when the car is on flat level ground so that you don't get an inaccurate reading, pull the dip stick out and clean it with a rag and then put back in and pull out again, the oil should come up to about half way between high and low level line, if it is too low, just top it up a bit!
Sorted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The oil level is about half way between full and low like you say. I change the filter as well. I guess everything is normal and maybe the previous owner had it over full. Running sweet but still has the hiccup getting back on the throttle but I can live with that.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts