Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys !

Manual says 4,4 lt. when you change the filter and 5 lt. all the system when it is empty.

I did my oil change yesterday ( with 1.200 miles and 6 months oil was like new ! ) and I only can fill 4.100 lt. in ! :confused:
The last time the same. How much do you use to fill ?

( I fill it one day with 4 lt. and the follow day check how much it needs and I refilled only 100 cc. just at the top of the dipstick )

Cheers

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Depends on how well you drain it. Ensure the car is on a level surface, or the plug hole is lower, and allow it to drain for longer and with hotter oil.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Had mine changed a couple of weeks ago now has 75-90 fully synthetic, seems like a much smoother change. Could be my imagination though.

Phil

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Maybe on the dark side of the moon you need this viscosity because of excessive heat???

M

·
0 Posts
Well, I've been having to put 1 litre of oil to top up the oil tank after each 1000kms - I reckon it's consumed 26 litres of oil in a year so far...is this normal? I'm not a hoon and I don't drive like a nutter, it's mostly city and the occasional freeway driving, I redline it now and then but certainly not all the time.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Madryoch said:
Well, I've been having to put 1 litre of oil to top up the oil tank after each 1000kms - I reckon it's consumed 26 litres of oil in a year so far...is this normal? I'm not a hoon and I don't drive like a nutter, it's mostly city and the occasional freeway driving, I redline it now and then but certainly not all the time.
1 litre pre 1000km's is not unheard of :rolleyes: I heard of a 147 1.6 only doing less than 500km's per litre :eek: :eek: :eek: :(

M

·
0 Posts
the 8v used about 0.5 litres every 1000miles. The V6 hasn't used any. I do blooter the cars aswell.

M

·
0 Posts
robinsong said:
Ive done 8000 miles is 6 months and only used a litre of oil in my 2.0 litres twin spark.

Madryoch, 26 litres must keep the cobb webs out the wallet :eek:
It's a lease vehicle thank God. Since this is my first Alfa (used to drive a Honda Integra Type R) I wanted to make sure it was leased so I could get a feel for the maintenance requirements. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts