Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market to buy a used GT with about £12,000 to spend, having just sold my 156 privately. Not sure yet whether to get the pertol or deisel... will have to drive a deisel before deciding.

If I were to walk in to an Alfa dealer with no part ex and no finance to arrange how much do you think I should be able to get off the screen price of the car. Is £1000 a bit optomistic. £500? perhaps.

·
Registered
694 Posts
At an Alfa dealer, £500 off of a £12k car sounds about right, maybe a bit more if its near the end of the month & they need to boost their monthly "units sold" figures a bit. You may be able to get tax/ipod lead etc thrown in instead of a cash reduction, depending on your needs.
Good luck
Matt.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I've just bought one.

Not many petrols about at that sort of price and you are probably looking at 56/07 diesels. Biggest supply at the moment is low mileage 57 plate ex fleet cars with 10-13k on the clock which are going for £13k-£14k and good value if you get a good one!!Apparently the margtin on these is not great!!lol!

With no trade in, £500 discount seems reasonable or show them your money near the end of the month and you may get more. All the dealers I spoke to seemed very unwilling to do much of a deal, but I had a trade in.

Same thing when we replaced my other halfs car recently - no one seemed that interested in doing business! Credit crunch obviously doesnt apply to car dealers!

Good Luck - If you don't try, you don't get.

J

·
0 Posts
i go in looking for 10% off the screen price, if they are not playing ball then i walk......after showing them the money :lol:

At 12k There is 10% in there.....if you are really necky got for mats, flaps and a tank of fuel, then watch the salesman flinch

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Its going to depend on what the car owes them.
I breifly worked selling Fiats and what we could "knock off" was determined by how much money there was in the car.
You also often get a better deal by taking finance rather than cash - usually we made far more on the finance than the car itself.

G

·
0 Posts
I've just done a deal on an 07 plate GT 1.9 JTDm and managed to get him down from £11,000 to £10,000. It's not from a main dealer mind but it still has Alfa warranty left on it for nearly a year

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've just done a deal on an 07 plate GT 1.9 JTDm and managed to get him down from £11,000 to £10,000. It's not from a main dealer mind but it still has Alfa warranty left on it for nearly a year
Thats a good price. All the 07 plate GT's I've seen recently have been around £12,995. Has anyone got an 07 GT they want to sell me for £10,000?

·
Registered
171 Posts
I px'd my 07 GT Blackline a few months ago and achieved what was around 11k for it ('in the deal") with a main dealer, only 18k and mint.

I reckon if you put a wanted ad on this site out offering about 10-11k you should attract the px market as long as you have cash and can move quickly.

The only problem is that if people have been offered a part ex price that is palatable and they are lazy and don't want the hassle then you will have to do the work ie travel and pay what they want immediately without moaning about minor issues ie scratches and kerbed wheels as dealers to be fair aren't bothered about this stuff as they expect it and fix it cheaply and quickly before adding 2k and selling on.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The impression I am getting is that the dealers aren't inclined to drop the price by much if at all. I had this in an email from a dealer today. Is this true?

"I would just Like to make you aware that due to shortage of stock The Glasses Guide has gone up £425 PCM this month and also went up last month. That means that very soon all dealer will put there price up as when they go out to replace the sold stock they will have to pay more for them."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts