Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , Happy new year, very newbie here, my first post. just paid 1500 quid for a 2002 156 telespeed with 56000 on the clock in black in great condition. saw it fell n love ,didnt hpi it and guess what? yes was writen off last december. any advice on hw much this car is worth ish every time i think about my mistake i want to kick myself , but when i drive it it all dissapears, only problem is handbreak and ABS light has come on but reading here think its just the snow, cant find and body repairs. Any comments?

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
Welcome to AO. sorry to hear about your bad luck. Depends how bad it was when written off, they have different categories I think depending on the type of write off. The question is was it repaired properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks , im looking on the bright side an thinking that mabee a door skin may have been enough to make this car uneconimical to repair 12 months ago.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
If it's been written off in the past, and it has all the associated documents then it shouldn't be a problem.
Was it written off early in it's life?
Of course there will also be the doom merchants who will be asking if the front and back are the same colours and why didn't you notice the weld across the roof!
Loads of reasons for writing cars off so until you know for definite don't worry.

G

·
Hi all , Happy new year, very newbie here, my first post. just paid 1500 quid for a 2002 156 telespeed with 56000 on the clock in black in great condition. saw it fell n love ,didnt hpi it and guess what? yes was writen off last december. any advice on hw much this car is worth ish every time i think about my mistake i want to kick myself , but when i drive it it all dissapears, only problem is handbreak and ABS light has come on but reading here think its just the snow, cant find and body repairs. Any comments?
TBH i would say you have lost nothing in that deal.....

I recently sold a 2001 selespeed with 91,000 miles on the clock for £1800, if yours has the face lifted interior then you really did get a good buy there.

the handbrake/abs light is due to the snow and lack of traction, when the wheels spin at vastly different rates it causes this to happen, mine did it last year...
once you are on clear road and have driven for a short while the lights should go out

Hope that helps

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.....:HAPPY:....if the car has a V5 and an inspection certificate was issued the car should be fine, usually valued about 75% of non accident similar car.....:)

G

·
Hello and welcome to AO.....:HAPPY:....if the car has a V5 and an inspection certificate was issued the car should be fine, usually valued about 75% of non accident similar car.....:)
so with its mileage and age it should have fetched about 2K, £1500 was about right money then

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
so with its mileage and age it should have fetched about 2K, £1500 was about right money then
I would agree with you jay w, seems a good deal to me....:)...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts