1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K

·
0 Posts
Google suggests that it could be £120k or more. Add to that the benefits you're probably claiming and the fact that you won't pay tax, plus your other criminal enterprises.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That is only about six inches of tunnelling per day between the four of them. There wouldn't have to be much cash in the machine to justify that feeble effort.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
I depends on the business location. Clare used to fill them up when she was a junior clerk;)

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Google suggests that it could be £120k or more. Add to that the benefits you're probably claiming and the fact that you won't pay tax, plus your other criminal enterprises.
120k :eek: You could buy half of Levenshulme for that sort of money :lol:

From all accounts it was about 6k they got away with...
What a bunch of dopes :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,443 Posts
The article says "Officers believe the people responsible could have spent up to six months digging the passageway."

What police officers believe need not necessarily have any close relationship with factual reality;)

If this was carried out by a gang of navvies hardened by digging out basements in affluent parts of London they'd have had it done in a week or two I reckon. Maybe they got some good DVDs too?:cheese:

·
Administrator
45,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aye, I got the 6 months estimate from the article. The 4 people I just made up. ;)

£120k? Jesus, I think I'll go rob one myself! My (also completely made up) estimate was that it couldn't be any more than about £15k.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
how much money is in a cash machine?

Eff all when I ask it for money ;-)

·
Registered
963 Posts
I used to work at a town centre Britannia - we'd put £60,000 in the machine on a Friday afternoon and more often than not it would be empty on Monday. You could put another £10,000 or so in, but then it ran a higher risk f faulty dispensing.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
When i was at school we had a tour of barclays bank in keighley, they told us the ATMs out front were the sixth busiest in the country alledgedly because of the tourism generated by Haworth, i always wondered how well stocked they were :evilgrin:

K

·
0 Posts
I guess the London criminal element know that any paper money may be rendered worthless at any moment, and have resorted to stealing precious metal.

BBC News - Police seize 1,000 beer kegs in London
The price of scrap is very high at present.

On the dog walking route I went on yesterday there is a fairly remote United Utilities site (on the other side of the M60 to the tile factory for regular M60 users). I think it used to be a sewage works before a new one was built nearby. Being that sort of site, it has lots of manholes and suchlike and over the last week someone has cut through the fence in various places and nicked loads of the covers.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
If this was carried out by a gang of navvies hardened by digging out basements in affluent parts of London they'd have had it done in a week or two I reckon. Maybe they got some good DVDs too?:cheese:
Last basement project I worked on in London was in Kensington for a Saudi prince. The basement excavation cost £1,500,000 :eek:

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
But to be fair, Harrods is a pretty big place :thumbs:
This was just around the corner, it went down two levels, out under the gardens (front & rear) and the pavement (side).

The crew were Polish, had no idea what H & S was and employed a foreman who knew the words/phrases 'Yes', 'No', 'O.K.' and 'For ***** sake' :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts