Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 147 is going in for a replacement power steering pipe and a replacement top drivers side upper suspension arm,Ive bought the pipe from the alfa main stealer, 97.00 (including vat )its the aluminium one that runs from the coil at the front, it wears through common problem it seems(its a got a twin pipe arrangement on it).The P**T at alfa laughed and said "have fun as he handed it to me. thanks then...

My question is how much for fitting the pipe and for the independant to buy and fit the suspension arm? I was quoted 2.2 hours work for the pipe but how big a job is the arm? and what do you rekon in total

its for my MOT

Just curious? Dont want to be unprepared as I cycle back to the garage!!

Thanks in Advance.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well,

Tomorrow is the day,anyone else know how muchto supply and fit an upper suspension arm?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

Just picked her up, well chuffed with the £205 bill, upper suspention arm was £50.25, labour for fitting that and the P/S pipe was 125.00 plus the vat. stopped all the knocking and creaking, and no more leaks!

For any other Alfa owners in Nottingham area, the Garage was G & N Cars long eaton if you need anymore information give me a nod. My usual garage wanted £224.00 just for fitting the pipe..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts