Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been Quoted £425 all incl for a replacement system for a twin spark GTV. this includes 3 if not all 4 silencers. all pipework based on existing sizes approx and T304 stainless steel.

does this sound about right?? wondered what peoples experince of powerflow was. especially interested in any comments of the installers specifically in my area which all seem to be 'topgear' outlets. but general comments would be appreciated.

also should i consider revising pipe diameter and number of silencers? don't want to loose power by taking the wrong option or go too loud.

cheers

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
was it worth it? does it feel any different?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
You can get a Larini sports system in stainless steel for about £400, it has 3 of the 4 silencers.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larini 'Sports' System - £437.00
Owners club members price £289.00

price looks quite good but need to add delivery Vat and fitting
also looks like it could be a touch loud with only 1 and ahalf silencers. anyone tried one??

also how come the V6 one is £20 cheaper.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
GTV4me said:
Larini 'Sports' System - £437.00
Owners club members price £289.00

price looks quite good but need to add delivery Vat and fitting
also looks like it could be a touch loud with only 1 and ahalf silencers. anyone tried one??

also how come the V6 one is £20 cheaper.
Actually I think delivery is free (it was when I got mine). It is a good deal louder than the standard exhaust, but you don't really notice it when cruising along the motorway, and it sounds brilliant when you acclerate hard.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
must admit looks quite good. did you fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you. i'm sure having it on a ramp would make it much, much easier. does the tail pipe look like a standard phase 1?

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
GTV4me said:
must admit looks quite good. did you fit it yourself or get someone to do it for you. i'm sure having it on a ramp would make it much, much easier. does the tail pipe look like a standard phase 1?
No, I got my local garage to do it, it didn't cost very much (£30 if I recall). The single tailpipe is quite a bit wider than the standard system. I'll try and take a photo tonight and post it up for you.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks that would be great.
a small sound clip would be greatly appreciated [by all browsing i should think].

thanks for the info.

Cheers

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
GTV4me said:
thanks that would be great.
a small sound clip would be greatly appreciated [by all browsing i should think].

thanks for the info.

Cheers
I'll do my best, I'll have to use my wife's 'phone and see what I can do. :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I think £400 is reasonable for a s/steel system and that number of silencers. I'd ask them to build a replica of your existing system if you're worried about noise (pipe diameters etc. the same).

P/Flow will also adjust your pipe if it's not quite right but as they're a franchise, check with the dude who's doing the work.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
yeah 400 is about right for a s/s cat back system. mine only has the one silencer in it now, and thats a small one right at the back! its not exactly subtle but i like it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
after your other posts and the spec in the signature Marko we know you've got the power to back the sound up. for some reason the 156 and 147 have far fewer silencers to start with? odd, but thats alfa for you i suppose.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i think originally mine had 3 silencers, big one at the front almost 2ft long, tine 6incher before the rear axle and a 10-12inch one at the very back. the back one does next to nowt tho, we tried firing her up with it off lol.

and *blushes* its not just the looks ;)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had this reply from Larini
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry. We welcome the chance to supply you with one of our high performance, stainless steel exhaust systems.

The GTV is equipped with a number of boxes within the exhaust system to meet stringent drive-by noise regulations in target markets such as Germany and Switzerland. This ultimately robs the GTV of power and sound. Bizarrely, the 2.0 GTV has more boxes fitted to it than the louder 3.0 GTV V6. Classic Alfas that preceded the new-shape GTV certainly did not have as many as 4 boxes fitted within the exhaust system. Hence, the Alfas of yesterday sound far superior, as standard, to those of today.

I can assure you that our system does not vibrate or drone at cruising speeds. Nor is it obnoxiously loud. The superior materials incorporated within our silencers are sufficient to dial out any excessive low frequency sound. We do not have a recommended installer for this system, as any competent mechanic can fit the system.

We can offer you the following:

Normal RRP = 1996> Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0i Twin Spark, Larini ‘Sports’ System … £529.34, including VAT and delivery.

AROC special offer = 1996> Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0i Twin Spark, Larini ‘Sports’ System … £339.58, including VAT and free delivery.

* Delivery schedule = 5 days.

Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 Twin Spark, Larini ‘Sports’ System:

i assume that this is the kit you've got fitted Mr Slegg seems like a good bit of kit did n't add the rest of the blurb as did not want to contraviene any forum etiquette re marketing but looks cool.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here's the Larini 275 system just makes you want too drool.
[GTV system is not as cool i'm afraid]

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
GTV4me said:
i assume that this is the kit you've got fitted Mr Slegg seems like a good bit of kit did n't add the rest of the blurb as did not want to contraviene any forum etiquette re marketing but looks cool.
Yes, that's the one that I've got, I shall nick the wife's camera 'phone tonight and take a photo off it (or maybe a video clip with sound if I can work out how to do that). I'm very happy with mine, it makes the car sound like a proper Alfa, but isn't tiresome on motorways.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I've made a small video clip of my Larini exhaust, however, to post it apparently I need to have it hosted somewhere, and then link to it, which seems all a bit involved. I'm happy to email the clip to anyone who wants to see it though if you PM me with your email address.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts