Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How much for my 16" Tele's w/ Tyres?

1K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  bacon 
G
#1 ·
Guys,

I should be buying a set of 16" 156 Selespeed alloy wheels for my 156 this week and was wondering how much I should try and get for my current set?

My current set are the standard 16" Sport Pack Tele's and to be honest they aren't in great shape. They aren't kerbed at all and 3 of them are actually pretty decent, but they have all clearly been refurbed in the past, and not to a brilliant standard either really.

They are alot darker than they should be, and one of them has some quite bad bubbling.

But on the plus side they aren't damaged or buckled in anyway and all come with legal tyres. The 2 tyres look fairly new and are Nankangs, not exaclty a great make but worth a good £60 each I reckon due to their size: 225/55/16

The front tyres also have alot of tread left but I've never heard of the makes.

I reckon if someone bought them who knew how to prime and paint alloy wheels they'd have a brilliant set of un-buckled, balanced Tele's.

Here are a few pictures of them on the car:

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/darrenedwardparke/DSC00178.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc69/darrenedwardparke/DSC00176.jpg

I'm buying the Selespeed set w/ Tyres because they are in better condition w/ Better tyres all round, Conti's.

How much should I try and get for my current set?

I was thinking £75 for the lot, but what do we reckon?

Cheers,
Darren

See less See more
#2 ·
I sold 2 teledials on ebay a couple of weeks back, they needed a refurb, and the tyres were shot, but they were straight and not kerbed.

The highest bid I got was £7 :rolleyes:

I think you will be lucky to get £50 if they need a refurb

#5 ·
i sold a set of 4 with reasonable tyres on ebay about 6 months ago, they were in reasonable condition with some slight bubbleing to each wheel, i put them on ebay for 125 or best offer, 75 was the best offer i got so i sold at that, i dont see why you shouldent get a similar price as it sounds like yours may be in slightly better condition than mine were :)

#6 ·
Well I got AU$560 for all four of my 16" "Sport" wheels (very good condition) plus tyres with 40-50% tread. But then again, that was on the third occassion listed and I think I was just lucky that someone wanted to buy at that time. Really not a sought after item!

G
#8 · (Edited)
Yeah, Bobda's probably right, just stick them on eBay with a £25 start price and see what happens.

The ones I'm getting look alright.
He said he'd take £150 for them, which doesn't seem too bad seeing as they come with the locking wheel nuts ans nearly new Conti's all round.

#12 ·
I sold the teles off my 156 when I got it for £185, all with good tyres and in average-to-good condition. Was quite pleased with that really :)

G
#14 ·
That's very good actually mate, mine aren't in the best condition though, well, 3 are okay but one's a bit messy looking. I'd be happy enough to let a forum member have 'em for fifty quid though.

I can't understand why anyone would want to replace tele's with sele's. :confused:
Because I quite like the Sele's and the tyres on the Sele's are all nearly new with massive amounts of tread and all the same make, Conti Premium's. Whereas my current tyres consist of 2 x Nankang 225/50/16's and 2 x different make front tyres on 205/55/16's.

Plus the Sele's are in much better condition. I'm reflecting that in the sale price of mine though.

#17 ·
2nd hand wheels on ebay seem to go for far more than they are worth IMO ... I would be surprised if they didn't go for £150+postage on ebay ... (I personally wouldn't pay that but some people would ...) ...

... make sure you are willing to post as they will get ALOT more bids ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.