Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Can anyone help me with a little question? I've just bought a late faced (53 plate) 156 16v 1.9 jtd m-jet. But which one is it. 150bhp or 140 bhp. I can't find anything written anywhere. Do either have any distinguishing features? Mine has turismo written in italics at the bottom of the wing and has 6 gears.

:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yeah its a sportwagon too if that makes any difference.:)

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
I don't know how to find out, probably the engine code.. It doesn't make much difference though, as mechanically the 140bhp and 150bhp 16v diesels are the same, its only the engine mapping that is different.

So with either engine you could go and get a 180bhp or even 190bhp remap. :thumbs:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
how can a '53 plate have a facelift when the prefacelifts had a production run up until Oct '04? Surely the production runs didn't overlap?

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
is it an external facelift or the interior facelift?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had a 53 plate 156 facelift for 4 years now and mine is the 140bhp version, so I would assume yours is to. I believe they mapped it to 150bhp when the facelift 147 was released in 2005.

I also have a tunit chip fitted to mine, which according to a rolling road test I had done a few years ago read 185 bhp

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so now thats as clear as mud!!!! It seems to me that i could have either. When I get the docs through from DVLA I will check it ( ya never know).
On the one hand some say 150bhp only came out on 04 models.
But other threads are saying that there is only one m-jet engine (not to be confused with JTDm which is 159 only) in the 156 and that if it has the badge and 6 speed box its 150bhp.
So as mines a 53 plate its either 150 or 140. Excellent. oh doh! back to square 1! :cheese:

·
Vendor
46,146 Posts
Joss - it doesn't make a difference, its only the standard map that determines the power, the engines themselves are exactly the same, go get it remapped and have 180bhp :D

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can anyone recommend a good place to get it mapped?

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good place to get it mapped?
Depends where you are ??? I got mine done at AHMotorsports for everything Alfa, however I know that red dot and angel tuning are also very popular on here ...

... I think red dot are doing an alfaowner day soon (operation alfa will be able to give you more infomation) ... or maybe you've just missed it...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts