Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen a Gt V6 2005 from Monza with all the mods done but nearly £9000. Also seen low milage 2005/6 cars around £6000. What mods NEED to be done to the V6 and is it better to get a cheaper low milage car and get my local Alfa tune guy at York to do them. Do I need them like the Q2 diff and remap, suspension ....?

G

·
0 Posts
Seen a Gt V6 2005 from Monza with all the mods done but nearly £9000. Also seen low milage 2005/6 cars around £6000. What mods NEED to be done to the V6 and is it better to get a cheaper low milage car and get my local Alfa tune guy at York to do them. Do I need them like the Q2 diff and remap, suspension ....?
Mine is standard as was the previous 147 GTA I had, you don't need to do anything to them really, anything you choose is to add to the performance/handling which at standard is very good already. All you need with one is to make sure it has FSH and the cambelt/waterpump has been done at the correct time. Q2 Diff etc would be nice but if you find a good un without then I wouldn't be too fussed. I bought mine because it is the colour I wanted, silver and because it had nearly all the optional extras, everything bar satnav which I have on my phone. If I can keep mine (all depends on scenario at work, all fingers crossed) then I'll get mine remapped and get a sports exhaust, that will get it up to about 260bhp or so and will then make a very good car...an even better very good car :lol:

To be honest some people prefer standard cars, some prefer lots of mods. It's just the GT 3.2 , GTA's etc take well to mods hence why a fair few get them done. I know there isn't many to choose from which makes it a but more difficult finding exactly what you want so be prepared to forgo the odd extra, colour or mod...unless you have time to wait

G

·
0 Posts
p.s I spent £6k on a 2005 with 69k and as mentioned loads of optional extras.

There are a few around for £5.5k or less (grey one with red leather looks nice, he's looking for a quick sale hence low price). There also a black with black leather one at just £5195!!! Too cheap in my opinion for 45k mileage, not saying its a wrong un it's just bringing the value of the cars down a bit when people advertise them so cheap :(

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
The GT V6 is very fast in its standard form. There really is no need for a remap. The Q2 diff is arguably needed, as the standard one has a reputation for breaking and taking out the gearbox with it. If you were going to throw money at modifications to a GT, I would look at the suspension, as the factory fit stuff is pretty hard. But it's debatable what you should fit and this subject is the source of many threads on this forum.

Also be aware that the road tax on an 05 3.2 GT is about half that of a later model. Check the DVLA site for the exact changeover dates before buying anything!

To answer the original question, yes I would say £9K is too much for a 2005 GT, no matter how good it is.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys for the info.I did think £9000 was too much and I will check the DVLA for changeover dates

1 - 6 of 6 Posts