Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How many time have you crashed a car?

• More than 20 times (and they still let me drive :eek: )

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 - 19 Times

• 10 - 14 Times

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 5 - 9 Times

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • 4 Times

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 3 Times

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • 2 Times

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • 1 Times

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Never, I'm just so good!

Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Never, But I'm lying!

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and I don't mean a small paint scratch etc. I mean a good big crash w/ bent metal :D

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Thats a bit of a worrying question with winter just around the corner - not here of course.

I've had just 4 major crashes where I was either driving or passenger - once I even skidded straight into the side of a parked police car :lol:

2 Alfas, 1 Ford and a 1 month old Toyota Supra (I was the passenger)

But no accidents in the last 8 years :D :D :D :D hope i'm not tempting fate

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've crashed 2 times, both times were with my dads cars... a Toytoa Corolla and a Mitsubishi spacewagon :D
And Both happened when I've had had my license for under 6 months :eek:

Never crashed my own cars :)

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Spun my first Alfa 360deg - smashed the front and back on the stone wall along the side of the road. I had poor quality tyres on the back (from previous owner) and the back slid out when going round a corner in the wet - lift off oversteer - over corrected and the rest is history.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My first was a straight hit to a car infront on icy road with red lights... Not even much speed, but the car just didn't stop (bad tyres?)

Second time I was driving too close behind another car... another car infront of him made a sudden stop... the car infront of me managed to stop, but my reaction wasn't fast enough :eek:

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
Bugger. I voted 1, but just remembered another.
I've had one biggy of my own creation - took out a bridge and a telegraph pole. And my mums Audi 80. Had been driving for 3 weeks :eek:
The second was a hit-and-run driver, pulled out of a side road without looking, I caught his rear quarter, he drove off. :mad:

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Two rear-end shunts - both my fault.

The first was in my first car (not paying proper attention), the second in my seconf car (stamped on the brakes too hard, with no ABS, and aquaplaned into the car in front - I was only doing 20mph :( )

Nothing in the last 6 years.

I have now officially tempted fate :p

ho hum :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Saw an interesting crash last weekend:

A Suzuki hatchback had come off a small roundabout and hit a lampost. The lampost had snapped in half and the car had ended up skewered on TOP of the snapped lampost :eek: :confused:

The car itself didn't look as damaged as I would have imagined it should have been, but it must have hit the kerb at some speed to launch itself like that.

I didn't see an ambulance (so I hope the driver was ok), but I did see a very perplexed recovery van driver trying to figure out how to lift the car off the lampost!! :lol:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw a Merc upside down at Itäkeskus (start of Ring 1) few months ago...

the funny thing was there wasn't another car involved... maybe s/he avoided somebody and ended upside down :D

·
Registered
13,163 Posts
Managed to bend metal 6 times:

1) Fiat 127 - Looking at a girl on the pavement - nurfed the car in front.
2) Fiat 127 - Looking at the girl in the car behind - put car in ditch. Rolled. Write off

3) Alfa 33 P4 - Turning right - hit by red-light runner, looking at girl in front seat.

4) Alfa 33 P4 - Looking at girl in VW Golf. Hit it. Got her number :D
5) Alfa 33 P4 - Looking at girl on pavement at junction. Nurfed the car in front.

6) Fiat Uno 55S - Stopped at red light. Looking at girl on pavement. Hit by Astra van looking at same girl on pavement.

Proof that women should be kept away from cars.

Ralf S.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Hmm lets see

1. Reversed my dads Austin Princess into a Mitsubishi Galant
2. Nearly hit a tree in my dads Citroen CX estate, damn tree then ripped of the sidemirror leaving a hole in the door
3. Nudged an XR3i on a carpark when reversing out of a parking bay, No damage to the darn ford, one destroyed front wing on another of my dads Citroens
4. Ran a red light in a crappy Saab 99 CC taking out a brand new Mitsubishi Lancer, the Saab ended up in a garden with a tree in the middle of it. Total write off :D
5. Reversed a Saab 9000 into a Junction from a car sales lot, overlooked an Opel Kadett, no damage to Saab, front pretty destroyed on the Opel :D
6. A bit too much lift of oversteer in a Honda Civic and slid sideways into the kerb. Bent rear suspension and a knackered Alloy :rolleyes:
7. Destroyed the front end of a Seat Ibiza in a very stupid way. The car was rolling slowly, engine of in neutral towards a concrete post. I was allready half way out the door, pulling the handbrake. Guess what, the handbrake didnt work. Result; took out headlight, front bumper, front wing, front inner wing :eek:
8. Reversed my 156 into a low iron post: Destroyed the rear panel, bumper and caused a slightly bent sparewheel well :tut:

And I thought it was only four :eek: I once was soooo close to ramming the Queen mothers Daimler Doublesix and making it U-shaped with her in it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
If I don't count the crachs I had with my mates cars and bikes... :eek:

I've crashed ones with my Y10 on the back of a Golf I. :eek:
The second time was just a contact with a scooter when I was doing a reverse. :rolleyes:
Oh and ones a guy crashed into the back of my Y10. :rant:

After the Y10 I had no problem with the new Y. :)

After that (knocking wood) I've been free of crachs and I want to stay like that for long... :)

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HuGo Is a crash virgin ;) :p :D

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
I'm not. :rolleyes: You should see how the Y10 was after that crash.
Or the famouse Peug505 that we crashed into a wall and drove to a field of grass.

Anyway, if you think I am, I like that. And I want to stay like that for a lllooooooooooonnnnnnnnggggggggggg time! :)

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
:cheese: I enjoyed that read Ralf S :cheese:

Pasi... clarify whether it matters if it was your fault or not and indeed if you were driving :confused:

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Meaning, YOU were driving, and YOU caused the crash...

Clear enough ?

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Pasi said:

Meaning, YOU were driving, and YOU caused the crash...

Clear enough ?
I'm sorry I asked now :(

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p ;)

Don't worry about it :)

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
One small hit I did with a '92 Colt as I slammed at low speed into a Suzuki Swift... Bent the front bumper a bit. The other one was unharmed (apparently). :D

The other one was with the dog I hit, and tore off a foglight and it's plastic cover, broke the front bumper, and left me without aircon... But apparently no metal was bent. :D

And a feckin' dumbass moron SOB managed to slam into the same Colt because he ran a stop sign... But I didn't count this one as it wasn't my fault, and yes, I had gotten my license less than 2 months ago... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 57 Posts