Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How many shaves do you get from a blade>

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 62 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Yeah totally clean. I'm not 'that way inclined' or anything, but even when guys come into work the next day obviously having a shave that morning it gives me the heebee jeebies. :lol:

I really HATE the look of a clean shave, dunno why, always have.

I'm only 21 and have more of a 'designer stubble' look going on, it's shaped and all that but not poncey like a little goatee or anything.

I think its personal preference though, and I HATE the way I look clean shaven, my face looks naked and younger.

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Electric !
First time I used a blade was to trim the nether regions for an op, took my time on that one !

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Have you seen how much they charge for a little plastic razor? :mad:

Usually I shave every day during the week.. then by the weekend the Gillette "profit maker II with lubri-profit.. er.. -strip" has gone blunt, so I dismantle the head, take out the blades and then sharpen them up using an angle grinder before reassembling everything.

If I'm feeling a bit gay I'll re-create the "lubri-strip" with a piece of shaving soap, superglued in position.

The "disposable" then lasts about 2 months (22 shaves) before the blades resemble piano wire and I have to start worrying about disfiguring myself.

When the performance has fallen away no matter how much I sharpen it, I may switch to a different but equally blunt razor for a day or two. That makes the original one seem less blunt than it did before (I guess different blunt razors hurt in different places).

I did have a razor that needed no sharpening at all until the handle bio-degraded and it fell apart after about a year. Bic, I think it was...

And does anyone still use a safety razor... the one with the classic shaped single removable blade in it? I still have one somewhere.. may have to dig it out again. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
Badger's BUSH...? :lol:

Mine (an heirloom from my dad) has horse hair, I think. It's blinkin' luverly)

And the missus likes it.. ;) Sort of "proper man's stuff" compared to the poncey gel with Aloe Vera (Hello Vera!!). I keep the brush thing on display and I hide my "gel for sensitive skin" under the sink. :D

Ralf S.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
I work shifts 2days followed by two nights followed by 4 days off. I hate shaving so try to get away with shaving on the morning of the first day shift.

One of life's little mysteries. I have always wondered how many shaves before I should change the razor. My tencancy has been towards to the 50. New razors get released before I go through a 4 pack of blades!

On a slightly related note. Vibrating razor - what a con.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts