Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how many diffrerent shades/types of red the 147's came/come in?

I have a 2001 147 in Red and am trying to find a second hand replacement wing. I think I've found one, but the person isn't sure of the paint code..

Thanks.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Does anyone know how many diffrerent shades/types of red the 147's came/come in?

I have a 2001 147 in Red and am trying to find a second hand replacement wing. I think I've found one, but the person isn't sure of the paint code..

Thanks.
Have you tried checking the paint code? It should be on a label on the inside left hand edge of your tailgate.

Did you get a quote for refitting a wing, you said you were going to find out how my on my thread regarding replacing the wing?

·
Vendor
46,433 Posts
There are about eleventy-hundred shades of Alfa red, and they all have the same paint code! Rosso 130.

If it is Alfa red, you'll never find a used panel that matches perfectly, unfortunately. It fades really badly in the sun, from red to pink.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Pud237 has a very good point, perhaps you could ask if he has a wing in then it will be a case of getting a quote for fitting and painting.

Red suits Alfas but at times like this it can decrease your options.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've found the paint code on my car, but I'm not sure about the paint code on the new part.

I think I'll have to go and have a look at it. It's an hour away but if I can get a reasonable match for £40 I'll be happy!

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

·
Registered
30,243 Posts
I've found the paint code on my car, but I'm not sure about the paint code on the new part.
Even if it is the same code, it won't match anyway due to fading.

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
... or if the new wing has been resprayed already ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts