Alfa Romeo Forum banner

How many RHD Italia Independent Spiders were built?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  lanceshaw 
#1 ·
I’ve tried to find out from ARUK ‘production department’ and also ARUK who suggested I try AROC, massimo.castagnola@fgm‐cc.com and centroarchiviostorico@fiatspa.com, each without success. Where else can I try, or does somebody here know the answer?
I know there were a total of 900 (Brera + Spiders, LHD + RHD) built but I’d like a breakdown.

How Many Left? says there are 6 but I now there are more.

Any ideas?

TIA
Maurice

#4 ·
Hi Mo

I agree with your first statement, For the money they are they certainly punch well above their weight on the aesthetics side.

I got mine back in July '11. Done about 15,000 miles in it since then and it still looks dreamy whenever I come back to it. When I bought it the guy told me their were only Limited numbers I thought great, no-one on Milton Keynes will have seen one of these..... 2 weeks later the Mrs pulls up next to one in Waitrose carpark!!!! Still, can't blame the guy for having great taste :). Am I right in thinking only 900 were made?

DC

#5 ·
Hi Dustcap
There were a total of 900 Spiders AND Breras built. A very rough guess of assuming 1/3 were Spiders and 2/3 were Breras would indicate there are 300 Spiders. Then I would assume most of them were LHD. So maybe 100 RHD I.I. Spiders in the world? That’s what I’ve been trying to find out, so far without success.
Anyway, the sun has come out, the roof is down and I’m going to drive home now, woo-hoo!!

Mo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.