Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to how many left there are only 659 156 20Vs and 306 156 GTAs.
As most of the GTAs are owned by enthusiasts I think they will have a good
Survival rate.
The majority of 20Vs don't enjoy the same level of care and I think there will
be less 20Vs within 3-4 years. The 20v has got to be a more realistic future
classic 42mpg V 20mpg. And had I been driving a gta in the last 2 years my
Fuel bill would have been approximately £6000,my fuel bill is half that with
My 20v.What would life be like for me with a gta here are some examples.
No foreign holidays,buying george(asda)not Giorgio Armani drinking barbella
instead of Barolo Ect.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
You sound like your trying to justify it.... :)

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The issue with the 20v is the chocloate driveshafts and DMF issues. It makes it veru hard to justify the repair :(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Always tough to predict a classic, but I'd say the last iteration of one of alfa's most iconic engines would be more likely to reach classic status than a fiat based diesel, no matter how good it is.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Always tough to predict a classic, but I'd say the last iteration of one of alfa's most iconic engines would be more likely to reach classic status than a fiat based diesel, no matter how good it is.
Thats exactly why I bought mine.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
My JTDm doesnt save me that much money!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
20mpg? :cheese:

I have just managed 40mpg from my GTA for a 300 mile round trip

Thats your justification out the window then, considering diesel is more expensive!
I have owned 2 156 2.0 twin sparks and got 28 mpg.How did you measure your consumption?.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
20v

JTDs are great at saving you money to pay for their very expensive repairs.
I bought my first 2.4 jtd in 2007 with 137k sold it 3 years later with 171k.All it needed was the
Usual maintinence suspension timing belt brakes clutch,things that ware out on most cars.
I have been been driving 31 driven not far of a million miles,I don't consider Alfa 156s expensive to repair.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
20v

The issue with the 20v is the chocloate driveshafts and DMF issues. It makes it veru hard to justify the repair :(
It did worry me 2 years ago when I bought my 20v,(119600)my mileage is now almost 141000
Driveshafts and clutch still good.I do tend to drive as smoothly as possible and avoid using all the power in 1rst.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Only from the onboard readout.

Took 5h53m. I managed 43mpg on the way there, bit less on the way back. The whole trip worked out at 40mpg.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-gta/327529-the-mpg-game.html
Shortly after I got my 20v I head up north for 1 week to the black isle the car fully loaded with 3 bikes on my towbar mounted carrier my overall mpg on my return home was 58mpg on the inboard display,when I brimmed my tank my calculator showed 46mpg that was one weeks holiday 575 miles.I would take the onboard mpg with a pinch of salt.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts