1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucky enough to have all four

Two red keys
One Brown key
and the most intriguing key - the valet key which starts the car but doesn’t unlock the boot or glove box. As if I am going to let some doorman park my car :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Three, all red. One of which only starts the car. One original that does everything, and one which I got cut and cloned at Timpsons last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Valet key is also for when it is being serviced. Though how they could check the battery easily is open to debate.
Four also plus code cards. UK spec but imported via Germany (new).

·
Registered
GTV, '96, 2.0V6 TB
98 Posts
I received two, both red.
One which does everything and one which would only start the car and would not lock/unlock the doors, boot or glovebox. I used a cheapo video 'microscope' and a small file to make the second one useful. I also added an aftermarket remote unlock, just in case....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I’ve owned my GTV from new... there should be 4 keys; two every day keys which are red with a coloured Alfa badge, a burgundy master key and the valet key. There should be two cards; one in red plastic for the alarm and a grey colour one with details of how to override the immobiliser.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I’ve owned my GTV from new... there should be 4 keys; two every day keys which are red with a coloured Alfa badge, a burgundy master key and the valet key. There should be two cards; one in red plastic for the alarm and a grey colour one with details of how to override the immobiliser.
You know I’m now going to have to find my GTV wallet and see if I have these cards don’t you? :)

edit - nope no cards at all

·
Registered
2010 Alfa Romeo Mito 1.4, 2003 Alfa Romeo GTV Phase 3 JTS
47 Posts
A red key with a seperate Meta fob and a red key with a seperate Meta fob. "Yeah mate it that was how we bought it new" they said!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Depending on where the car was bought the keys will either have an integral alarm or a separate fob for the Meta alarm. My GTV came with the M99 T2 alarm and had one round and one square fob. I’m not sure if the earlier T1 came with the same. I’ll see if I can find all my keys and code cards and post a photo later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is a CF1 with the old style keys. I have the following:
  • burgundy master key
  • 2 red keys
  • 1 metal key to turn the alarm-system on/off
I did not get any fobs for the alarm-system from the previous owner.
The car is in garage about 1 hours away. I am not sure, if there are any code-cards for the alarm-system.
I don't know how they look like. A photo would be helpful.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,320 Posts

A selection of my keys, top to bottom...
Every day GTV key
Meta code card (for ordering new alarm fobs)
GTV valet key and master key
Another Meta code card and an original Meta alarm fob
Master key from my Spider... this has the integral alarm operated from the key not a separate fob
MISSING - card with code for overriding the immobiliser if the chip in the key fails. Hopefully find it later

·
Registered
7,494 Posts
I have an early CF1, LHD and imported from Italy. Two red keys, two master brown keys for ignition and door, and two code cards. I do have a spare red key for the door, this is a genuine red key which I had cut at Timpsons. Finally I have another genuine brand new red key which is supposed to be for the 916 Alfas but nobody can clone it. It has the correct chip for the 916 Alfas but all efforts have failed. There must be something wrong with it.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
This is the other card... I thing the mechanically code refers to the physical key blade and the electronic code refers to the chip in the key.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
And jut out of interest...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
One of those two codes (dont know which one-but i'd guess at mechanical) will be for starting the car if you ever have a problem with the keycode chip in the ignition.You have to input the code with the accelerator to bypass the security system -it's how i have to start my donor car

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Method for the above is
hold accelerator down,turn on ignition,wait for key light on dial to go off.
When light off release pedal.The key light will now flash and you have to count the flashes.If the 1st no. of code is 7 you wait til it has flashed 7 times then press down accelerator again,repeat for rest of code and at end of process light will flash and then go out ,you can then start the car

·
Registered
81 Posts
On the subject of keys, I dont suppose anyone has a key like the one shown in the photo below?

My car is a German import (UK spec), came with the Alfa Alarm (not Meta). It came with no remote key but I have codes for original keys and have unlocked my remote reciever to add further keys. Just need a key :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts