Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Long time no post; still getting used to this new forum system.

I recall a while back we were discussing how many 145 Cloverleafs were sold in the UK. I can't remember if the question ever got answered.

In this month's AROC magazine there's a feature on the 145/146. It has sales figures; to summarise between the years 1994-2001 9946 145s were sold, of those 5648 were 2.0 Cloverleafs (of the 4 different types) or 57%.

There are more figures but I won't type them all here; ask me if you're interested in more.

Cheers,

Robin

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Wow... Does it give Irish sales figures?

I wonder if that reinforces the idea that the cloverleafs are in a way ditch-finders... considering that it's hard enough to find one now, but yet the standard models are all over the place!

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
4 different types of clvoerleaf? eh? :confused:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh no, 3 types:

TS1 Jan 96 - Jul 98
TS2 Jul 98 - May 99
TS3 Apr 99 -

Bah, misread the tables. Thanks for the prompt.

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
I wasn't even aware there were 3. 2 as far as I knew, original and facelift.
What was done for the 2nd facelift then?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm having a really dumb day today, I read two separate tables as one. In total just 1989 Cloverleafs were sold during the whole life of the car. This makes them MUCH more rare. In fact, of all 145 models only 4973 were sold. So actually 40% of the 145 models sold were Cloverleafs.

Teach me to post before reading properly... :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bazza said:
I wasn't even aware there were 3. 2 as far as I knew, original and facelift.
What was done for the 2nd facelift then?
Dunno, your guess is as good as mine :)

There was the original, with the 150bhp metal cam cover, then the facelift with the 155bhp plastic cam cover that I can recall. The third model was very short lived and must have been introduced for environmental or safety compliance so I guess the changes were minimal.

Anybody with a Apr 99 or later 145 care to divulge the difference between theirs and the earlier models?

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
wow. Less than 2000 QV's in the UK. That's quite impressively rare. Now I know why I feel the need to look down my nose at all those Golf drivers. :D

G

·
well if anyone wants to compare stuff, mine's a Sept '99 model. I'd thought all the facelift models were the same, but then again before I bought an Alfa I didn't know there were even TWO different Cloverleaf 145's anyway! :)

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
James, I don't think the things you mention constitute a revision though. I know there were various different trims throughout the life of the QV.
What I would call the two distinct models are:

Pre-facelift (up to mid 98)
Speedlines
Old style front grille
150bhp

Post facelift
Teledials
New style front grille
155bhp

Obviously some change was made in 99 that was big enough for them to call a new model too, but I don't know what. The only thing I can think of was the interior revision, but that didn't get released in the UK. Maybe UK cars sold after that revision in Europe were still classed as mark 3's, even though they didn't have the changes?

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
Oh right, I was going off PhadeRunners dates.
So the facelift we know about was the second one?
So what happened in 98? Was that the suspension revision perhaps?

·
Registered
17,177 Posts
bazza said:
Oh right, I was going off PhadeRunners dates.
So the facelift we know about was the second one?
So what happened in 98? Was that the suspension revision perhaps?

Was it:

first one - launch model with black and silvery tweedy type seats 150bhp
second one - smoothy seats with Alfa writing 150bhp
third one - facelift 155bhp

Dunno.
:confused:
I had a first one, and the missis has a third one, and yours is a second one?
:confused:

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
Mine does have the superior seats, that's true. Can't imagine that that constituted a revision though. Anyway, according to the parts CD, my car was actually built in Feb 98, so that would make it a mk1. Unless those are the dates of release, and they were already building the mk2's then.

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
eh? :confused:

·
Administrator
47,068 Posts
Hmmm.... No. Sorry, but you're wrong. They're upholstered exactly the same as mine, material looks the same, but the pattern on mine is far, far superior.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts