Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm still learning stuff about this 159, and I have a question regarding the parking sensors. Mine seem to work just fine, but I only seem to have one sound source for the beeper, which comes from the back on the passenger side (or maybe the driver's side for UK cars).

Is this normal? Or should the sound be coming from both sides?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ermmm - my Ti has sensors front and rear. There's a beep, different tones front and back plus there's a display on the dash (between speedo & rev counter) that has a clear set of boxes for each sensor. As you get the car close to anything the boxes become solid blocks with more filling up the closer you get to the obstacle.

Sounds like you may have a problem with the sensors if you're only getting a warning from one side.

Beep drives me nuts when parking it on the drive. I have to get about 1cm from the house or I can't close the gates infront of the car....

Guy

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In fact the sensors (at the back only on my car) are working properly and will trigger the beeper from either side. But the sound of the beeper itself is only coming from one side. That's what I meant.

·
Registered
59 Posts
riczito, that's how I understood it.

All the sensors (rear only in my case) trigger one sound, e.g. it's not as though the left rear sensor triggers the left rear speaker. The sound seems to come from behind me on my right.

SanRemo78, I know your pain. I have to reverse 30cm away from a hedge for about 7-8m. Sometimes I just turn them off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello!
Do anybody know, where ie rear beeper located in alfa 159? I have problem with "parking assistance unavailable" and the problem is, that rear beepers doesnt working...that computer said :) but i cant find that beeper, can anybody help?
Thanks!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello!
Do anybody know, where ie rear beeper located in alfa 159? I have problem with "parking assistance unavailable" and the problem is, that rear beepers doesnt working...that computer said :) but i cant find that beeper, can anybody help?
Thanks!
the beeper, or speaker, isnt the problem.
the issue is with the parking sensor(s) itself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No, all 8 sensors are ok, working ok..when we conect to computer, it has been writen that problem is with beeper...maybe it is bad contact, because two times parking assistance has begin working again, and about 10 min later have been unavaliable again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts