Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
That could affect a good few UK workers :( I was not aware of any partnership with GM. Crikey they are hardly out of the **** themselves?

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I doubt the French government will let PSA die without a fight, even if it mean ignoring EU rules on state intervention.
They have helped and do help domestic businesses better than we do.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Not good news just as Peugeot seem to be making some attractive cars after years of dreary hatches. 208 seems to have brought back PSA's mojo.

As for GM - well they are too self-centred to "help" anyone - look how they "helped" Saab.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Not good news just as Peugeot seem to be making some attractive cars after years of dreary hatches. 208 seems to have brought back PSA's mojo.

As for GM - well they are too self-centred to "help" anyone - look how they "helped" Saab.
Not just Peugeot but Citroen too. Nearly went for a DS4 but for a number of reasons including relative prices I opted for the Giulietta

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
I am not suprised...

Peugeot and Citroen stopped making desireable cars (For me) a long time ago.

Most of the current range of both Marques are below average in the reliability stakes and above average in ugliness.

With companies such as Kia and Hyundai upping their game it is quite easy to see why they have lost sales.

·
Registered
35,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's tough out there and some companies appear to be ok but are waiting for others to fall out of the way . The new Mazda 3 has no MP3 Mazda 3 hatchback (2013) first official pictures | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online
Peugeot are now losing money which will run out and they are linked to a competitor who has said they are only investing in themselves . Mazda no longer has Ford to help them.
Peugeot/ Citroen sell on the deal and their financial arm will continue to get payments for 36 months from when a car is sold but that has to finance its replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts