Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
Do you mean HIDs or nasty blue Halogen bulbs?

·
Premium Member
42,865 Posts
In my last car they were 4 years old and still going ok.... if that helps :)

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
Don't know what you are looking at, but they are not "ball" shaped...

HIDs should last a long time. I don't have an exact figure though.

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
The 'ball' part you see is the projector, the bulb is behind that as with halogen lights.

They should last several years. :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3000 hours ~ 10X longer than halogens. It's stated on Osram's/ Hella's/ PIAA's site iirc
The 'ball' part you see is the projector, the bulb is behind that as with halogen lights.

They should last several years. :thumbs:
Cheers guys:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
mine are 5yrs old and been in 3 different cars, and as bright as ever:thumbs:

·
Registered
30,241 Posts
Replacements are between £70 & £90 a pair depending on make.
(the £90 being Osram)

So not the end of the world when you need new ones.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Unless of course you look on eBay for 'D2S' and pay about £20. :D
thats it propper factory fit replacements are about £70. replacement bulbs for hid kits are about £25 for good uns

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
D2S are the standard fitment in OEM Xenon headlights, but can be had for about the same price as 'HID Kit' replacements (H7R etc) on eBay.

I can't see the point in paying more for Osram or whatever when the technology used is the same, as is the life expectancy.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
D2S are the standard fitment in OEM Xenon headlights, but can be had for about the same price as 'HID Kit' replacements (H7R etc) on eBay.

I can't see the point in paying more for Osram or whatever when the technology used is the same, as is the life expectancy.
really, thats cheap:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have standard lights fitted to my alfa 147 at the moment. Is there a "How to" guide on upgrading to Xenon lights? And what's the difference between Xenon and HID?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I have standard lights fitted to my alfa 147 at the moment. Is there a "How to" guide on upgrading to Xenon lights? And what's the difference between Xenon and HID?
nothing, just an easy way to distinguish between standard fit oem (xenon) and aftermarket (hid's)

there both High Intensity Discharge lights and both use xenon gas, so just a way to tell the difference between the two when talking about them:thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts