Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
My cars that I don't use in Winter stay in various garages or outside for 5-6 months. one's insidr have an indoor cover and a trickle charger, they have always started first time. I do not start them to warm them up etc as this just creates more issues imo.

·
Registered
58 Posts
My cars that I don't use in Winter stay in various garages or outside for 5-6 months. one's insidr have an indoor cover and a trickle charger, they have always started first time. I do not start them to warm them up etc as this just creates more issues imo.
(y) I store 3 cars in my condominium underground parking every winter - I live in Canada.... The fuel tank gets brimmed, the tyres get inflated to 40psi (275kpa), the outsides get washed, battery disconnected and each gets a cover. I don't drive them, or run them. Warming them up just creates condensation in the warmed parts and the famous "keeping the seals fresh" does not apply for the relatively short period. I've been doing this for the last 19 years on one of the cars (MX5) without any issue that can be related to storage.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(y) I store 3 cars in my condominium underground parking every winter - I live in Canada.... The fuel tank gets brimmed, the tyres get inflated to 40psi (275kpa), the outsides get washed, battery disconnected and each gets a cover. I don't drive them, or run them. Warming them up just creates condensation in the warmed parts and the famous "keeping the seals fresh" does not apply for the relatively short period. I've been doing this for the last 19 years on one of the cars (MX5) without any issue that can be related to storage.
Sounds good. Is your garage heated and air-conditioned?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sounds good. Is your garage heated and air-conditioned?
No, but it is three levels underground and well ventilated. Temperatures almost never drop below around 5C even with minus 30C outside. Painted concrete construction means it is relatively clean except for all the salt and sand that comes in on all the other cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts