Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Since nothing else appears to be working how about saying "Don't try to come in illegally. If you do, and you're caught, then you will be executed".

Maybe extreme, but I bet you there would be a lot less in the country!:mad:

·
Super Moderator
44,732 Posts
Not strictly relevant, but the back pages of the two papers in my work breakout area today made me laugh, and re-affirmed why I have so little faith in the papers.

Side by side were the Express with "Strauss lays down the law" (will force Flintoff to play):
Daily Express | Sport | Cricket

And the Times with "Strauss will nurse Flintoff through":
England 'will have to nurse Andrew Flintoff through the Ashes' - Times Online

As I remember from the papers themselves, the headlines were even more sensationalist and contradictory, despite no doubt being from exactly the same interview. :rolleyes: :lol:

·
Premium Member
45,006 Posts
Ahh the Maily Telegraph running an immigration story dripping with indignation, who'd have thought it :lol:

To be fair the logic behind this is sound - the cost of this "voluntary repatriation" is a fraction of the overall cost of accommodating those who get here and then fraudulently manage to claim benefits etc. or (as the article states) the cost of forced repatriation and the attendant incarceration time etc.

RSK
RSK, this is immigration we are talking about! Your post contained too much sense and not enough rhetoric to be allowed in this debate. Sorry, but you'll have to leave. Here you go: :getcoat:

:lol:

·
Registered
764 Posts
"We're trying to open their eyes to the illusion of their wish to go to Great Britain. The United Kingdom is not the Eldorado they believe it to be."

Huh? Well a £1700 wedge to go home and try again looks like exactly the opposite to me! I'm pretty sure a lot of them will see it the same way. :rolleyes:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are contributing a few Mill though Pud, the main point I am raising is the unfairness to our troops who are coming back broken up & having to justify their need for compensation only to have it slashed,IT STINKS TO HIGH HEAVEN!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am not assuming that the money will be diverted at all.

Are you assuming these people will only claim the 1700 once ?

I am annoyed that our lads have to justify their disablement to keep the pittance they call "compensation money" ,that IMO is far from adequate. What a bloody cheek!!
Why this silly government is willing to try & "buy off" these "Asylum seekers" who believe they can have a better life here is pathetic & naive.
It will be exploited beyond belief by the people traffickers who con & organize the "Asylum seekers" .
To me the issue is not the taxpayers money (god forbid) I'm more interested in OUR servicemen s Pride , something far more important than money RSK.
So in answer to your question on fairness my answer is give our brave servicemen the dignity they so well deserve.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its Ironic really that this idea has been stolen from the BNP :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok 1st I don't agree that the were payments are fair or ever have been to our comparison to returning walking wounded, I for one would gladly pay higher taxes for this alone!

The only point about the anti illegal immigration scheme that i was making is RSK is the total unfairness in comparison.

I don't think the scheme has a direct bearing it was an example of how uncaring & the UK Government is to our own servicemen .

Our servicemen who are dying & being maimed left right & centre have to get down on bended knee for what is (to me) their absolute right!

While asylum seekers don't even have to ask & at risk of repeating myself RSK i did say

"To me the issue is not the taxpayers money (god forbid) I'm more interested in OUR servicemen s Pride , something far more important than money RSK."
Its not the money we pay I am concerned about ,therefore I am not bothered whether the "scheme"exacerbates the problem or not ,because that is what is RSK it is as you say A "Scheme"!

I'll leave it at .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts