Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to get my qv in 8c red repaired.
does a paint shop need special paint or can 8c be achieved by any good sprayer as last guy said he can match 8c and did not manage same effect

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
It has a standard paint code so should be easy enough to do (an actual 8c, 159 or GT would be a different story though).

Saying that, I emailed a few suppliers for some paint a year or so ago and not one replied to me.

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
It's easier to do a whole car than repair a part. You can't just respray the damaged part it needs to "blend" in with the panels either side.

You need to find a good bodyshop that will take the time & effort required so that nobody can see if/where a respray has taken place.

In other words it's very hard to do it properly & easy to make a mess.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know as just came out of paint after scuff on bumper hence going elsewhere..do not go to spraytech..the blend is shocking and overspray in door sills the list is endless also they mopped through good paint exposing metallic then denied it was them and said just don't look at it for a couple a weeks then id get over it..as car had a previous respray they passed all there mistakes to that work:censored:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when you say it has a standard paint code how does that make it easier to get it right exactly

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
when you say it has a standard paint code how does that make it easier to get it right exactly
Because it is an off the shelf colour effectivly.

Unlike the 8c itself and the 159, GT and brera that was offered in this colour which was a very special multi stage colouring process that used various layers of different colours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts