Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I have 156 1.8 TS and was wondering how hard it would be to get all the cool electrics from a JTS and put them in my car, can I buy the steering wheel and center console with all the controls and put them in my car?

Has anyone done this? Was it hard or expensive?

Thoughts anyone please?

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
You mean from the facelifted interior, it's not specific to the engine. ;)

The steering wheel itself is fairly easy, although you need to replace the 'clockspring' otherwise your indicators won't cancel automatically and it may well be incompatible with the newer airbag.
As for the controls on the steering wheel, I'm not sure if it is possible to get these working on a pre-facelift car.

It is possible to change the centre console to the facelifted version, someone on here has done it in the past (can't remember who!) but it is not a simple job.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
You mean from the facelifted interior, it's not specific to the engine. ;)

The steering wheel itself is fairly easy, although you need to replace the 'clockspring' otherwise your indicators won't cancel automatically and it may well be incompatible with the newer airbag.
As for the controls on the steering wheel, I'm not sure if it is possible to get these working on a pre-facelift car.

It is possible to change the centre console to the facelifted version, someone on here has done it in the past (can't remember who!) but it is not a simple job.
depends what you mean by pre-face lift., the phase one face lift was the interior, and the phase two was the exterior.

mines phase 1 face lift:thumbs:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Vendor
45,308 Posts
Interior facelift was for the cars released on an '02 plate, facelift exterior came on a '53 plate.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
No no no! :D
What I said was...

meaning the facelifted version of the centre console, not the car :p

Now stop being so pinikity!
:lol:
one of these days i will win:cheese:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts