Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..

My car is at Mangoletsi as we speak, along with a gorgeous 8C Spider, and a blardy larvly Maserati Gran Turismo (which I sat in last night :cool:)

They want to charge me £51.75 to replace the squirter nozzles on my GT and I was wondering if anybody can tell me how hard this is to do yourself?

This will half the price you see.. I'm tight, I know..

Help

quick quick, chop chop

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi all..

My car is at Mangoletsi as we speak, along with a gorgeous 8C Spider, and a blardy larvly Maserati Gran Turismo (which I sat in last night :cool:)

They want to charge me £51.75 to replace the squirter nozzles on my GT and I was wondering if anybody can tell me how hard this is to do yourself?

This will half the price you see.. I'm tight, I know..

Help

quick quick, chop chop
It's It's

I'm not in a hurry to tell you:lol:

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Assuming the GT is the same as a 156 ....

You'll need to remove the wiper arms to remove the windscreen scuttle (black plastic grills). Then pull off the trim that runs across the back of the engine compartment.

The scuttle halves are held in with some philips and hex screws. Two are harder to get to under where the bottom of the windscreen protrudes. Two more under black trim "buttons". You'll probabaly have to pull the black foam fillings out near the bonnet hinges. Then the scuttle is clipped into slots in the metal body work.

Pull the hoses off the jets. Pop the jets out. Replace the jets, connect the hoses, replace the scuttle and seals, wipers, etc.

Personally in this weather, I'd pay them ...

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Then they probably just pop out ...

In which case, I probably wouldn't pay Mango's to do it ... ;)

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Were/are they the heated type?

THAT will add a bit to both cost of the jets and fitting!

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
they pop out but you must pull the broad side of the squirter (with your nail)

N

·
0 Posts
The 147 jets are pathetic "bird-pee" efforts.

You need to block the outer of the 3 jets on each one
to get enough pressure for it to more than dribble out.

Then you can adjust them normally.

50 quid to replace them? They just pop out! Bwaaahahahahahah! :lol:

How much do they charge to open the driver's door to get in?
:confused:

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
Assuming the GT is the same as a 156 ....

You'll need to remove the wiper arms to remove the windscreen scuttle (black plastic grills). Then pull off the trim that runs across the back of the engine compartment.

The scuttle halves are held in with some philips and hex screws. Two are harder to get to under where the bottom of the windscreen protrudes. Two more under black trim "buttons". You'll probabaly have to pull the black foam fillings out near the bonnet hinges. Then the scuttle is clipped into slots in the metal body work.

Pull the hoses off the jets. Pop the jets out. Replace the jets, connect the hoses, replace the scuttle and seals, wipers, etc.

Personally in this weather, I'd pay them ...
Won't help the OP, but just for the record, on a 156 you don't need to remove the scuttle trims - you can get the washer jets out by easing a thin blade from each side to depress the "spring" - done mine several times....and the jets are cheap as chips.....

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did mine in the dark the other night, took about 20 seconds! jets were about £3 each from main dealer.
Keep going, more detail please! lol

It turns out they DIDN'T do the nozzles last night. Infact it doesn't look like they've done much! Wasn't hugely impressed..

They have told me that the nozzles are £13 EACH plus VAT.. Not quite £3 is it..

So how do you fit these suckers??

·
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
3,202 Posts
Mine didnt want to pop out and I didnt want to damage the paint on the bonnet so I took the 5 min longer route from uderside of the bonnet. You need to pop out 5-7 clips that hold the underside bonnet lining with a flat screwdriver, take the lining/insulation away and than you can get to the noozle. It has 2 clips on the sides that hold it in the hole, so just press one with a screwdriver and push the noozle out.
This is on 147, but GT should be the same...

B

·
0 Posts
They just pop out ,mine are soaking in a bowl of hot water with Bicarbonate of soda that will clean the crud out.

It might be worth checking the silly pipe joiner ,you will have to undo a few of the torx screws(size 20) & put the wipers in the upright position, no need to take the scuttle panel off as you can pull the pipe out & the joiner will come out. This joiner has a diaphragm with a spring loaded "Damper" in the top. This clogs up & sticks closed or just lets one pipe open & keeps the other closed.
Its rubbish so I gutted mine & refitted the membrane with the top but without the spring &plunger, it belts it out now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts