Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just as the title says i have a 156 2.0 selespeed needs a new rad last one has been in for god knows how long it hasnt leaked yet but looking at the fins etc shes not looking good :eek:

so how easy is it to change one an does anyone know if theres a how to on the subject

regards Terry

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I changed the rad on my 2.0 TS a couple of years ago, it took me about 3 hours so can't be that difficult!!! ... best thing to do would be to get a copy of eLearn as that has got instructions on ONE way to change it there are a variety of different ways ...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed the rad on my 2.0 TS a couple of years ago, it took me about 3 hours so can't be that difficult!!! ... best thing to do would be to get a copy of eLearn as that has got instructions on ONE way to change it there are a variety of different ways ...
very cool i have elearn i will go check cheers :thumbs:

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
remember that most/all of the small screws holding the fan/rad/ducting/etc together will snap...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
38,250 Posts
I took the bumper off mine and took it out the top.

I am pretty sure that it the easiest way unless you have a proper 4 pillar lift so you can drop it from underneath.

Its also a good time to do the GTA mod on the headlights. ;)

·
Registered
30,167 Posts
I took the bumper off mine and took it out the top.

I am pretty sure that it the easiest way unless you have a proper 4 pillar lift so you can drop it from underneath.
I took mine out via the top too, even though I was doing the job on a proper garage lift.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Took mine out of the top too ... although it was quite a squeeze ... if (when) I have to change the rad on my JTD I'm going to give it a go taking it out from underneath (as there's even less space under the bonnet)...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

thanks chris just read all these im not liking the sound of this job but what the heck ill give anything ago once ,ive changed a few rads in the past so i have a vague idea most have been pretty simple the most akward thing to this seems to be getting the aircon rad unbolted but i guess i will find out when the time comes .

thanks to all who have given advise its all appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts