Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Oooh Christ, my 156 remote locking would work from around 20 meters I'd say.

I could unlock the car before actually seeing it, :lol:

Perhaps you just need a new battery mate?

·
Registered
781 Posts
Well the sensor is in the rear, so sometimes if I try using it from the front of the car, I find it works only within 1-2 metres. I also have tinted windows which apparently inhibit the range of the remote locking, but I can still unlock it within 8-10 metres I guess.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Wierd as it may sound, if you point your remote into your ear whilst looking at the car, it opens the car from a few metres further away. If you don't believe this, try it.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Both my fobs work from 10-15 metres away... and they're on the same batteries that were in them when I got the car three years ago. Maybe there's a lot of local radio noise/interference that's confusing the signal, so it has to be closer? Not that I know what I'm talking about, only guessing!

·
Registered
879 Posts
Both my fobs work from 10-15 metres away... and they're on the same batteries that were in them when I got the car three years ago. Maybe there's a lot of local radio noise/interference that's confusing the signal, so it has to be closer? Not that I know what I'm talking about, only guessing!
I found that when our neighbour was using their CB or HAM radio at the weekends that my fob would only work when right next to the drivers door. :eek: Check for radio enthusiast nearby.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I found that when our neighbour was using their CB or HAM radio at the weekends that my fob would only work when right next to the drivers door. :eek: Check for radio enthusiast nearby.

... or mobile phone masts, police/ambulance/fire stations, pylons...

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Depends where the car is parked. In an open area, about 50-60 metres..

In a car park, around 10-15..

Sometime it will only open if the key fob is pressed 2-3 inches from the boot!

·
Registered
5,477 Posts
Hold your fore-finger over the end of the fob and try that. Acts as a dipole. Try with finger horizontal and then vertical. It may be a plane polarized signal.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My range is about 3 inches from the windows which is annoying. Although I was wondering if the car battery could have anything to do with it - doesn't have any other problems but when I was oil-ing her yesterday looked at that little indicator on the alfa battery and it was black. Presumably that doesn't mean anything untoward (was expecting it to be green thats all.)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
my car has a blind spot, cant remember which corner it is though! this cormer only works when very close, the other 3 work about 40metres away.

·
Vendor
45,470 Posts
Depends where the car is parked. In an open area, about 50-60 metres..
I got mine to open from around 250 metres away! I was at the top of Saltburn pier, which is 681ft (206m), and the car was parked in the car park which is quite a way away from the bottom of the pier. Suprised that it worked, and very impressed!

That was on the JTD, not tested the V6 but I know the range is very good, I can get it to open in empty car parks from nearly 100 metres or so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts