Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i have the gearchange freed up i shall be using the 166 to travel from my home in the Peak district to sunny Skegness in Famous Lincolnshire to visit the out laws so about 120 miles-ish but is any brave soul planning a really long drive ? Dont forget your Breakdown recovery card and to charge up the mobile!

Happy christmas fellow sufferors and a happy 166 new year.:thumbs:

·
Registered
873 Posts
We're doing Denholme to Fakenham - 180 miles each way - but using the 159 as it hasn't done many miles this month yet!

Longest journey I've done in the 166 was Plymouth and back - about 650 miles in total. Did there and back through the night with one stop each way and it felt better than ever when I got home :inlove:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm doing the opposite, giving my 166 TS ( and myself )a break, 120 miles is my daily commute to work, every Wednesday it does a 230 mile round trip, and it's now approaching 240000 miles! Enjoy your drive and happy Christmas!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
bottom of the drive to the top, clutch gone :lol:
:rant: Eye wiz sure eye wood bee the winner P.

My 3 babies round the block to keep them ticketyboo and battery charged.

Getting too auld to lug those 100 ah beasties intae the hoose to get charged up.

Pomeo

But eyed luv a wee run to Mablethorpe and/or Skegness but if and only if the sun is shining in the summer.
Totally different place in the rain never mind the sleet n snaw.

Letter up the lum P or a phone call to eshy for a dual kg wan.?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We're doing Denholme to Fakenham - 180 miles each way - but using the 159 as it hasn't done many miles this month yet!

Longest journey I've done in the 166 was Plymouth and back - about 650 miles in total. Did there and back through the night with one stop each way and it felt better than ever when I got home :inlove:
I see that you have an Alfa 6 ,wow i used to have one about 11 years ago and wish i hadnt sold it i loved its quirkyness, so you are not going far in the Alfa 6 then !

·
Registered
5,942 Posts
:rant: Eye wiz sure eye wood bee the winner P.

My 3 babies round the block to keep them ticketyboo and battery charged.

Getting too auld to lug those 100 ah beasties intae the hoose to get charged up.

Pomeo

But eyed luv a wee run to Mablethorpe and/or Skegness but if and only if the sun is shining in the summer.
Totally different place in the rain never mind the sleet n snaw.

Letter up the lum P or a phone call to eshy for a dual kg wan.?
I have arrived! I've understood Pomeo's post - Pomeo you are legend!!!!

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Edinburgh -Krakow last year christmas 900miles each way +ferry Newcastle-Amsterdam
:(
H ugh. not hughie.;)
Thats nowt saldin...Last Cwistmas eye gave sumbudy mah heart.

And onyway..yer disqualified..yer now allowed tay yase a boat and hud tay bee this yeer.;)

But oan the brighter side...you missed the sibverian winter hear in sunny Scotland. I bet last xmas you were sunbathing oan a Polish beach.While wee awe perished.

Pomeo

Belated seasons greetings to one and awe...Ooops thats next week..

Cuntinued oan the ban Pomeo fread created by the wan and only eshy.;)

See theres mair than wan way to kill a swear filter...or is it a bat mat rat cat....AAARGH dispeared again ewe know were.

·
Registered
873 Posts
I see that you have an Alfa 6 ,wow i used to have one about 11 years ago and wish i hadnt sold it i loved its quirkyness, so you are not going far in the Alfa 6 then !
Off topic but no, it's not the Alfa 6s turn this time. We did 500 miles in it in the first two weeks of ownership and it also did a week in Eire in October which was another 600-odd.

For long distance trips the 166 still wins though, even over the 159.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I will be travelling in the 166 Shrewsbury to Friburg 700 miles each way
made it to Freiburg for New Year party
:thumbs:Well done JT .You must have my sat nav version..Pomeo smelling lingo adaption.
Nay wunner eye keep getting loast.Last journey loadsa foreign people an a crashed plain.;)

Off tay giggle it and huv a fied egg.

Happy Hogmanay to all 166'ers wherever they may bee. Eye'm the Lord of the 166 sayed hee.:cheese:

Long may yer 166's roar in 2012.

Pomeo

·
Registered
655 Posts
thanks Pomeo will be back on the 3rd
LPG working fine and paying about 0.70 Euro a litre.
Snow handling has been surprisingly good but taking it steady a long way to get home on foot. Main roads are clear once you come out of the hills

1 - 20 of 25 Posts