Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

How easy is it to take the interior door panels off? Hints & tips?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any levers, special tools &c?

Where do I start?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
This is what I used on my 166 when I did it:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/123971-how-to-replace-a-locking-motor.html

It's fairly easy to be honest, just take your time. I always found the hardest bit was getting the door card back on along the top edge at the window so just be patient when doing this bit as it may require a couple of go's. No special tools required. Niall's correct about the chrome speaker rings - very easy to break so make sure you take your time with these and ease them out one little step at a time. Also, the speaker grills are specific to the side of the car you remove them from (as I discovered the hard way:D).

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
pick it up tomorrow all being well....just need to fix the brakes, MOT it, tax it, do the cam belt, fix the body work, change the interior and it will be sorted :D

That super was a real tempter but i couldn't afford to run a v6 as a daily driver (suppose i could keep the corsa for that!) and the need for a new clutch scares me since it will be pretty expensive and i wouldn't be able to tackle it myself...whatcha doing with the rampant rabbit?

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with either car! My plan was to buy the 166, sell the Golf then use the funds from the Golf to get the clutch done and any other work it needs for the MOT (which is up in a month). Now I'm not so sure if I should just get the 166 into a nice running order, MOT it, then sell it on for someone to enjoy.

It was a great drive home from Aberdeen yesterday despite having no working ICS or much heating!!! To be honest the car drives great and is a massive step up in performance from the 2.5 I had before - the power is much more lower down and more noticable. The 6 speed box is much more snickety than the old 5 speed one my last car had too. The car is in pretty good condition bodily too. The front suspension sounds like it needs new top arms to both sides - hopefully that's all! I have an Alfa mechanic who is back doing homers again so I'm hopeful he'll be able to do the clutch and I can save a bit on labour.

It's utter madness actually as I'm getting a company car in March so should be using that opportunity to save some money!!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
a massive step up in performance from the 2.5 I had before - the power is much more lower down and more noticable.
:thumbs:

Nice to read about that comparison first hand. I have only owned the 3 litres, both manual and sporto; the twink I've really loved in other Alfas I've driven. But I'd always thought the 2.5 was a bit pointless for the sake of a couple of mpg.

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
I'm not sure what I'm going to do with either car! My plan was to buy the 166, sell the Golf then use the funds from the Golf to get the clutch done and any other work it needs for the MOT (which is up in a month). Now I'm not so sure if I should just get the 166 into a nice running order, MOT it, then sell it on for someone to enjoy.

It was a great drive home from Aberdeen yesterday despite having no working ICS or much heating!!! To be honest the car drives great and is a massive step up in performance from the 2.5 I had before - the power is much more lower down and more noticable. The 6 speed box is much more snickety than the old 5 speed one my last car had too. The car is in pretty good condition bodily too. The front suspension sounds like it needs new top arms to both sides - hopefully that's all! I have an Alfa mechanic who is back doing homers again so I'm hopeful he'll be able to do the clutch and I can save a bit on labour.

It's utter madness actually as I'm getting a company car in March so should be using that opportunity to save some money!!!!
I am a bit slow ,had other issues, but have you bought P3's Scotty?

Pomeo

1 - 12 of 12 Posts