Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having a discussion with a friend about choosing my next car (weekend car) and we decided that it's how the car makes you feel that counts the most.

Recently i drove a new Golf Diesel GT which was pretty rapid and made me feel 17 all over again. So how does driving your Alfa make you feel compared to other cars?

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Great! Such a nice place to be and when I put my foot down everything thing goes blury and then I disgrace myself!:eek: I LOVE MY ALFA!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I still get a buzz from driving it, which after 6 months is a record for me as i usually tire of things quickly.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Well it makes me want to go faster and faster, it eggs me on.
It always makes me smile.
It puts the fun back into driving.

It makes me feel good-'till I get to the filling station:lol:

H

·
0 Posts
It makes me feel more 'grown up' than any other car i've driven (I'm 28 :lol: )
But it doesn't excite in the way my 200SX did. It's a nice feeling driving the Alfa, but different to my past cars. Hard to put my finger on.

But I don't buy this blather about 'soul' Perhaps olderer Alfas have it, but my 156 has no more soul than any other modern saloon

But 60-70mph on my YBR125 is more exciting than any speed i've driven in any car :lol:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I have a bit of a complex driving my classic Spider,picture this....43 year old man driving a small red convertible with Jimmy Hendrix blaring over the speakers.NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have a bit of a complex driving my classic Spider,picture this....43 year old man driving a small red convertible with Jimmy Hendrix blaring over the speakers.NOT A GOOD IMPRESSION.:rolleyes:
Hey, suddenly 43 is quite young - I am looking at the big 4 0 next year, as to Hendrix, he is timeless.(as is an Alfa Spider)
Even Bob Dylan prefered his Watchtower - I love his star spangled banner & wild thing - Class

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Problem is...I can only listen to Jimmy loud...very LOUD.My neighbours don't like me much nor does my daughter,wife and dogs when I drive my car.

I don't care much what they think.....it's ME,JIMMYand my SPIDER.:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
It makes me feel angry as it decided to throw the towel in at 72K with a nasty bottom end knocking - 18 months of Alfa ownership has been fun, fast and fantastic to look at but expensive and soul destroying - somethink I won't repeat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
amazing and i agree with jason 156 coment:cool: ive got 130 mile round trip for work i finish the shift kna***red but 10 minutes of driving my alfa i am wide eyed, and more than ljkely breaking the speed limit:lol: its got lot more power than my old 146 ti but i miss that old girl

·
Registered
436 Posts
My Alfa is exciting and involving...makes me feel in touch..
...esp with the road as the suspension is a touch too firm at times!

I feel happy driving something different..firstly it's an Alfa, secondly it's a rare one...

a good looking car in and out..

....despite the excitement I know I could do with more power - a turbo maybe?

And you mention you excitment from the the Golf but not your Alfa ? :tut:

(though as I haven't driven a different similar power/size car for a while I may forget what I'm really getting in my Alfa....however my mrs' 206 110bhp hdi is still fun but not as involving)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Mine makes me feel all squishy............ like little furry kittens........... or that bit in the film, where Bambi's mum get's plugged.........

Cheers to All
Peter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And you mention you excitment from the the Golf but not your Alfa ?
I have not got one yet but hopefully will very soon. I have decided to get a GTV. I just hope they are as good to drive as people say :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts