Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, when my GTV came over from Japan it only had one red key with it, but not the brown master key. And I'd like a couple of spare keys.

I do have the original 'key card' and got a couple of blanks cut to that as spares, I haven't been able to try them yet though so no idea if they work or not.

However, I've since found an uncut brown master key. So my question is could I get the brown master key blank cut to my key card and somehow make that my new master key?

How would this work, does the car's ECU need to be reprogrammed or something to recognise the new master key? I'd just like a master key with a couple of spare keys for practicality - how can I achieve this? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
yes this is true the importance everyone puts on this brown master key is not really there.................... timpsons can clone you a key i have 2 done by them so its no real issue

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks chaps. So if Timpsons can clone any working key, will they be able to do my two new spares - even though they've already been cut? Would they do this from the one working red key that came with the car?

The blanks I had cut are proper GTV ***** keys, what I don't want is for Timpsons to have to cut from a generic blank.

I might get a brown one done as well just so I've got the full set.

·
Registered
7,453 Posts
Thanks chaps. So if Timpsons can clone any working key, will they be able to do my two new spares - even though they've already been cut? Would they do this from the one working red key that came with the car?

The blanks I had cut are proper GTV ***** keys, what I don't want is for Timpsons to have to cut from a generic blank.

I might get a brown one done as well just so I've got the full set.
Timpsons will only use their own blank keys. I tried the other day with a brand new uncut Alfa key and I was turned away.

For some strange reason I no longer like Timpsons.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts