Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone on here know the process to get the JMPD out to setup a speed trap or manage the traffic flow??

We stay on West Road South in Morningside. This is a normal two way street with 3 pathetic excuses for speed humps. These can easily be taken at nearly 100kph and there's a good few hundred metres between them. At least 2 or 3 times a day people in straight 6 BM's, AMG Merc's or on bikes red line it up through the gears on this road.

This is a normal residential street with people walking, running, walking their dogs,kids etc and carrying normal law abiding traffic. These maniacs are getting upto at least 100-120kph sometimes more on this street.

I've gotten tired of these people treating our street as their personal race track and I'd ideally like the JMPD to jail these a#@?*(#s or make the speed bumps much bigger and or put down more of them.

I'm a car guy and I enjoy driving fast but not at the expense of other people and their kids and pets safety.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I think you have to call them directly. Lodge a complaint with them regarding the speeding and potential safety issues in your street.

It looks like someone in my neighborhood has done this as they have painted markings outside my house for a speed bump.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Wow the N1 North next to Vodacom's offices was completely blocked off to some (smallish) protest this morning.

How can they allow that ? :furious: It is 100% illegal for pedestrians to be on the highway.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Wow the N1 North next to Vodacom's offices was completely blocked off to some (smallish) protest this morning.

How can they allow that ? :furious: It is 100% illegal for pedestrians to be on the highway.
This is what is the problem with "protest law enforcement" in South Africa.
A protest is fine - no problem. But when someone is breaking another law while protesting, they need to be arrested for breaking that specific law, not for "public violence" or "disturbing the peace" or whatever.
Whether you are on the highway because you are suicidal or crossing it to get to the chicken on the other side or for a "protest", you need to be arrested for being on the highway.

The same goes for other protests. If someone throws a stone at a car - arrest that person for damage to property. If someone "loots" a shop, arrest that person for theft. Not for "public violence" or whatever other nonsense charge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts