• 2. Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a follow up to "How do you wash your car" I wonder how do you all wash/poilsh your alloys?

I'll make this one a public vote, for Kruzon :)

·
Super Moderator
44,766 Posts
I'm going to have to vote other.
I wash them with the car, but not just a rinse, give them a good rub over with the back of my wash-sponge (it's got a cotton bit on the back for alloys and road-tar, works very well). Occasionally, if they're very bad, I'll use some wonder wheels stuff on them.

·
Registered
12,386 Posts
Wash them quickly when they are really dirty, quick rinse when washing the car in automatic wash, and wash them good when washing the car by hand :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Wheels get washed when the car gets washed. However I occasionally useWheel Wax on them as well.
Must admit that I am ulikely to take the wheels off the car and clean the inside of the rims very often ;)

·
Registered
7,188 Posts
Always clean them with soapy water and a wheel brush each time I wash the car. If I have time, I will put a bit of polish on them too. Haven't yet had to resort to Wonder Wheels, as the brake dust hasn't yet taken a hold.

The 16" teledials are a pain to wash.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Polish on the alloys :confused: i use a general wheel cleaner spray and wash them prior to the car - is it speacial alloy polish or stuff u use on the bodywork?

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Once a month I take each wheel off, one at a time. Using warm water & a deagreaser I remove the brake dust & tar from each rim.

Then rinse them off & wash again with warm soapy water.

Then I use either Meguires or Auto Glym polish to shine them up. I find by polishing the alloys inside & outsid eof the rims the brake dust or dirt is much easier to remove.

I find the teledials, 5 big holes, are simple to clean :)

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
I give them a good clean with a soft brush and car shapoo.If they are really grubby I`l use my Autoglym wheelbrush.Sometimes a bit of polish helps them stay clean,too.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
So are the Selespeeds.. :cool: :D
Oh, I fear the first day I'll have to wash the multi spokes on the GT :rolleyes:

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
I wash them each time I wash the car and If they're really bad I use Autoglym Clean Wheels.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
PS21 Spray usually, and PS21 Gel when the carbon dust starts accumulating in the hard to reach corners of the teledials - this stuff is gentle, yet amazing!

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Wash them with the car but I take some time to wash them with the presure hose. It's enough... I don't break that much. :D Specially now that the pads are ending. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
I'm apparently *scabby* :confused: :confused:

I have steel wheels with plastic trims

They are easy to clean
Cheap to replace if kerbed and.......
they look good

So now I know what *scabby* means...........

SENSIBLE :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
use a sponge with some auto glym wheel cleaner if they are really bad :D

taking off the wheels and cleaning them is just a bit o.t.t. for me i think

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Wimster said:
I fear the first day I'll have to wash the multi spokes on the GT :rolleyes:
Just don't try to hand wash them. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wash them with a sponge and sometimes and a toothbrush for the screws.
If I have more time I use the spray from amor all. But you need plenty of water to disolve the product otherwise your tires get burnmarks :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Clean my Alloys every week but every 8 weeks jack the car up and take each Alloy off one at a time and clean them in and out ;) and of course polish them ;)

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
THROTTLEMAN said:
Just don't try to hand wash them. :rolleyes:
done it two times already.. it's not that difficult, it just takes longer.. ;)
Im going to try and clean my alloys every week (let's see how long it will take before i start "forgetting" :rolleyes: )
I must admit, on the two occasions i've cleaned them, i have been thinking about jacking up the car and getting them off so i could do the inside as well :eek:
I think Eve would say i was nuts if she saw me doing that :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts