Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
being honest, i dont think they would do the car justice. i associate those wheels with corsa's and punto's and they look cheap.

i think alloys are really hard to get right, especially when you have a good car to work with

P

·
0 Posts
I think the spokes are too widely gapped.

I'm all for Alfa wheels for Alfas though :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I saw some on a pug 306 yesterday and thought they looked a bit cheap.
You can't beat orig Alfa wheels IMHO. :tut:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..only problem with the Alfa wheels is that they don't go bigger than 17", and the GTV's arches are huge!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
..you're totally right imo - I just can't afford them - cheapest I've found 18" is £899 without tyres!

·
Registered
999 Posts
..you're totally right imo - I just can't afford them - cheapest I've found 18" is £899 without tyres!
:eek:
The missy has just told me to stand back from the computer!!!!!
Please tell her you made a typo error! :lol:
You ment with tyres didn't you!!!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
After a couple of months thinking of changing mine and going through the old "That looks great....."maybe not....."Too bling......."hmmmmmm, I'm 90% sure these are the puppies for the GTV - http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/racing/ultraleggera/en
Until I see something else!
Plus I think if going bigger the car will need to be lowerd also
i dont think they are right for the gtv either, as i dont think they are classy enough, they are more mr2/mx5

at the end of the day, its all an opinion

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I didn't spend long looking, could probably get them for half that I imagine!

The wheels that I'd love to get hold of are these, but chances of that are practicaly none :(

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
I go with the idea of OE Alfa wheels. A lot of these after market wheels look cheap and nasty. The five spoke wheels you've shown fall into this category. If you like the five-spoke design then why not get the five-spoke Enzo design made for the P3 GTV/Spider? They really do look fantastic.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
big dog,for once is right.......the oz ultraleggeras are excellent.....but a bit pricey.......they are also made in italy.See spider cup thread to get an idea what they will look like on your gtv.......good luck

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I didn't spend long looking, could probably get them for half that I imagine!

The wheels that I'd love to get hold of are these, but chances of that are practicaly none :(
phil, themwheels look amazing on that 156, i dont think ive seem them before, what are they?
they remind me a bit of the mk5 golf gti alloys.
they do look brill tho.
:cool:

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure what they're called, I think they were an 18" optional extra for the 166, and probably available as a custom extra in 5x98 for the 156 - so I imagine there's probably only a few sets in the country!! I love to see my GTV with them on.

I only posted the orginal pic up as I can get a set (mint with nearly new tyres) for £250

·
Registered
435 Posts
I don't like them - especially bearing in mind the rear discs on the Gtv are very small, so with such widely spaced spokes the rear wheels might just be displaying a lot of empty space and dirt

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm not sure what they're called, I think they were an 18" optional extra for the 166, and probably available as a custom extra in 5x98 for the 156 - so I imagine there's probably only a few sets in the country!! I love to see my GTV with them on.

I only posted the orginal pic up as I can get a set (mint with nearly new tyres) for £250
I like them, they look like the sort that would feature on an Alfa concept car.

Just tried them on for size on a black GTV:

1st is original, 2nd is with new wheels, 3rd is as no.2 but lowered.

I still prefer Teledials though... :cool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts