Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows how to strip out rear mechanism and window as the wire in mine has snapped.
I have stripped off the door card but dont want to go anyfurther as Im not sure about it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Has the wire snapped or just stopped working?

Once the card is off,there is a v shaped bar that is removeable,this is essential to get out the way to get your hand in.

The window motor is mounted by 3 nuts,the mounting bar for the winder mechanism is secured by 2 nuts,but the real fiddly bit is undoing the plastic clip that secures the plastic peg that is located in the base of the window.

Be ready to get some bruised wrists and a few cuts:(

Once the electrical connection to the motor is removed,you should be able to wiggle the plastic plug away from the glass and remove the winder mechanism from the door.

If your after a replacement,i have a few in the garage for all different doors,estate and saloon.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Has the wire snapped or just stopped working?

Once the card is off,there is a v shaped bar that is removeable,this is essential to get out the way to get your hand in.

The window motor is mounted by 3 nuts,the mounting bar for the winder mechanism is secured by 2 nuts,but the real fiddly bit is undoing the plastic clip that secures the plastic peg that is located in the base of the window.

Be ready to get some bruised wrists and a few cuts:(

Once the electrical connection to the motor is removed,you should be able to wiggle the plastic plug away from the glass and remove the winder mechanism from the door.

If your after a replacement,i have a few in the garage for all different doors,estate and saloon.

Good luck

I just stipped my 4 doors and got motors and mechs out and with it a lot of scratched hands :rolleyes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers lads :thumbs: its the wire thats snapped (looks rusty) so gona look for replacement mech. At least it gives me chance to re-tint the window as its starting to look bit crap after being on few year.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts