Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been playing about for a while. I have managed to remove the air ducting to the air filter box, detatch the air filter box from the resonator box, and now cannot get the resonator out of the car. The self tapping screw which holds the air intake pipe to the main body of the resonator is stuck fast, and the bolt is un-reachable! The selespeed pipes and gubbins are right in front of it. Anyone got any advice?

HELP! Sob sob sob!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
I had the same problem, but with car on a bridge we loosened the front bar that supports some of the tubing . The only way to get the box out from a selespeed. You need some good equipment (we had airtools) because some of the bolts are really stuck. Use some tiewraps to fasten the V6 pipe i.s.o. a bolt.

p.s. its the black pressed iron plate that goes from left to right in front of the car. Just loosen , not completely off because its a ***** to get it back on.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think that when I did mine I removed the bolts / screws for the bumper on that side and then when you pull the bumper away slightly from the car this allows enough room to get the box out from below.

At the time I thought there must be any easier way

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to get the resonator box out in the end. I had to cut the curved inlet pipe away at the screw to release the two halves. I then bent the lower edge of the bumper downwards and wrentched the box out. I now have a problem with the GTA pipe and getting it to fit whcih I will post as a new thread.

Andy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts