Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ciao fellow 155isti,

I think there used to be a thread on this very topic, but it might have been lost to the 155 forum crash...

Can someone remind me how to remove door cards? If I remember well that would involve getting rid of the "sort of plastic welding round thingies" that you see on the back of the door panel, carefully using a drill.

I did drill through 2 of these, but so far it looks as if the door card is not coming off. Instead, I can now visibly push off the textile part of the door card using a pencil, but that's it. It looks as if the door card is glued to the door panel at its periphery. :confused: :cry:

I must be doing something wrong. Any idea before I accidentally drill through the door panel? :lol:

Attachments

W

·
0 Posts
If you drill all the melted bits it should come off...they're just plastic "welds".

I've done this to a full interior and then replaced the fabric with leather by using small self tapping screws :D

wrinx

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ah door cards. Like Wrinx, I replaced my rear door cards in my 155, well the whole interior infact! I did have some info on how to do it, I'll see if I can dig it out.

All I can say is that you must have PATIENCE! Especially if the rear cards have manual window winders, as the circlip that goes round the winder shaft is a pig to get off!

Sorry not much help right now, but I'll try and find the info for you!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts