Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the lass's 156 ph1, however its front end bothers me and it's nothing like the ph3 which is hands down 3x as beautiful. The one thing that bothers me most are the headlights. They look so dull and boring compared to the ph3. Therefore I'd like to know how you made your ph1 look more modern, beautiful and up-to-date?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I really like the lass's 156 ph1, however its front end bothers me and it's nothing like the ph3 which is hands down 3x as beautiful. The one thing that bothers me most are the headlights. They look so dull and boring compared to the ph3. Therefore I'd like to know how you made your ph1 look more modern, beautiful and up-to-date?
Phase 3's do look good but nothing wrong with the more classical lines of the phase 1/2,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Leave it alone. Pre facelift 156's will develop retro-value, look at 75's and 155's. I may fit a small splitter on mine at some point, although mine has more serious issues ATM ?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
edraven71 did something with his 147 JTD headlamps to give them a more aggressive look (see link below)... and it works. Some owners have put a black grille on instead of the standard satin one or as you mention, a splitter could do it for you but each to their own. Some owners have also mentioned that they sit a little high on the stock springs and it's surprising what wheels can do for a car, look at the GT with tiny alloys and fat tyres and compare it to a red one with gunmetal Jetfins... :drool: I know the latter options aren't really cheap but look at some pictures of an original 156 with 17" or 18" teledials with a lower profile tyre, they look a bit meaner. I do think the original 156 looks great, but it's all down to individual taste really.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/742713-alfa-147-custom-hids.html

Leave it alone. Pre facelift 156's will develop retro-value, look at 75's and 155's. I may fit a small splitter on mine at some point, although mine has more serious issues ATM ?
What's the diagnosis?

Attachments

·
Registered
238 Posts
edraven71 did something with his 147 JTD headlamps to give them a more aggressive look (see link below)... and it works. Some owners have put a black grille on instead of the standard satin one or as you mention, a splitter could do it for you but each to their own. Some owners have also mentioned that they sit a little high on the stock springs and it's surprising what wheels can do for a car, look at the GT with tiny alloys and fat tyres and compare it to a red one with gunmetal Jetfins... :drool: I know the latter options aren't really cheap but look at some pictures of an original 156 with 17" or 18" teledials with a lower profile tyre, they look a bit meaner. I do think the original 156 looks great, but it's all down to individual taste really.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-andamp-gt/742713-alfa-147-custom-hids.html

What's the diagnosis?
The diagnosis is good!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

What's the diagnosis?
ECU failure won't start and has key code error. Needs ECU, code box and transponders but they appear to be as rare as rocking horse semen.

Love that front end, is that a GTA front bumper or aftermarket splitter?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
ECU failure won't start and has key code error. Needs ECU, code box and transponders but they appear to be as rare as rocking horse semen.

Love that front end, is that a GTA front bumper or aftermarket splitter?
Ah bugger! I hope you can save it. :thumbs:

Yup it's a standard GTA front end.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Ah bugger! I hope you can save it. :thumbs:

Yup it's a standard GTA front end.
Thanks, we will find one it's just proving tricky. She is too nice and I'm too attached to let her go.

Plus I have a bilstein b6 kit with reconditioned rears to treat her to when she is better!

Reactions: baxter2308
1 - 10 of 10 Posts