Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
or what meat(s) are you having for Xmas lunch?

Plain turkey or something more exotic?

For me, turkey crown and a rib-eye beef roast. Probably some bacon wrapped sausage too.

Anyone (HM?) going overboard with their culinary skills this year?

Starting the day off with a good espresso some stollen and panettone.:thumbs:

Of course there can be a veggie option.

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always have a crown rather than a turkey, who likes the dark meat anyway?

Good for the day after (curry, butties, wrap, etc), but not on the big day.

Would love some venison, but the rest of the Family object to eating Bambi.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Trying the Jamie Oliver turkey wellington for the first time this year. I was attracted to it because you can do most of the cooking on Christmas Eve, leaving scope for the chef to drink heavily on Christmas Day without the potential for poisoning any guests.

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
or what meat(s) are you having for Xmas lunch?

Plain turkey or something more exotic?

For me, turkey crown and a rib-eye beef roast. Probably some bacon wrapped sausage too.

Anyone (HM?) going overboard with their culinary skills this year?

Starting the day off with a good espresso some stollen and panettone.:thumbs:

Of course there can be a veggie option.
I'm going well overboard mate :D

Chicken liver paté for starters, Turkey crown, roasted shoulder of Pigzilla and a marmalde and whiskey glazed ham studded with cloves :D :D :D

oh yes and the all time favorites pigs in blankets, I eat them like meat sweeties all day :thumbs:

We'll be starting the big day with bacon butties washed down with bucksfizz :cool:

Well hung.
:wow: :wow: :wow:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Oooooer Milo ;) :lol:

I'm also having turkey crown. I will make everthing from scratch..nothing pre packed (except the chestnut/cranberry stuffing mix as its tried and tested).

For dessert I have cheated and got a chocolate orange fudge cake or an orange/cranberry pudding.

Starter will be smoked salmon (gravlax) and salad or crackers and pate.

All washed down with champers!

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
Not a fan of Nigella, not keen on all that fawning she does. Every opportunity in her cooking programmes she poses seductively for the viewers at home flashing her teeth and her thrupennies! Did you see the pic of her covered in caramel, whats that all about. Difficult to pick any chef in particular out but Raymond Blanc for that French accent or Ramsey for his charm (seriously), lovely bloke in the flesh.

As for Christmas dinner, we are as yet undecided what to have yet in this veggie household.

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Ah, saw the caramel thing but I like her..a sexy woman :cool:

I used to be vegetarian and still make alot of veggie dishes :) Spinich roulade or spicy nut roast were Christmas dinner faves of mine.

·
Registered
934 Posts
We are having a lamb & spinach curry, which I am cooking from scratch, no sauces bought from supermarket.

Will make some pakoras and samosas for starters, home made naan bread, bombay tatties, raita, saffron rice etc... special request from No 1 son. We dont normally have turkey. Saving our organic venison haunch for New year.

Will start the day off with a cocktail and some scottish smoked salmon and scrambled eggs from my brothers free range hens...

:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts