Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried and I just couldn't get it to come off, not without snapping something anyway.

I'm trying to get to the indicator/light switch as my trip computer has ceased to function.

I'm assuming removing the top cover gives you access to get this stalk off?

Anyone done this before?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i think you need to remove the bottom one 1st, you did in my 147 and stilo anyway;) on them the top cowling was screwed to the column from underneath, and where the material cover is, you need to pull it back too see some screws near the dash under the speedo and rev counter. maybe wrong though

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Once the bottom cowl is off, there are two screws hidden high up which hold the top cowl on......getting the column switches off is not the simplest job however - you need to take the steering wheel off and the whole switch assembly has to come off, held on by some fiddly clips. Take care because you'll be removing the airbag and the connections for it which can be tricky.......

It might be better to check other alternatives causes of your problem before embarking on this route:)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once the bottom cowl is off, there are two screws hidden high up which hold the top cowl on......getting the column switches off is not the simplest job however - you need to take the steering wheel off and the whole switch assembly has to come off, held on by some fiddly clips. Take care because you'll be removing the airbag and the connections for it which can be tricky.......

It might be better to check other alternatives causes of your problem before embarking on this route:)
Ah, bugger. I had a feeling the wheel might have to come off.

I don't really know what else I can do? I think I can just about see the 2 wires that are connected to the trip computer button and assume I might be able to get a multimeter on to these somehow if I can get the top cowl off. Will try that first to rule out the button as the culprit.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts