Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if to bleed the slave on the 147 you release the clip then pull the pipe out to the first notch then pump the pedal or is it a different method ? Does it need to be running or not?
Any advice would be great:thumbs:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou thought so but not sure? It is the same as the fiat then? :thumbs:

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
You have to pull the clutch pedal back up too .. doesn't spring back like the brake. Maddening if you are trying to do it on you own!

or use a pressurised bleed system

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I could never get that clip to bleed it correctly. In the end I just used my finger over it to block it on every move pedal back using myself and my brother to pump the pedal.

Like the old skool way of bleeding brakes.
Actually made it easier than clipping in and out and was done far quicker.

·
Registered
14,495 Posts
I only managed it successfully using a pressure bleeding kit.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
I did it alone, but only by pushing the feed pipe back in after every downward pedal stroke, then running around to pull up the pedal, then pulling the pipe out, then running back and pushing down the pedal, then ... well you get the picture! Luckily it didn't take too many goes. I was clearing the old fluid out after replacing with Castrol Performance so I'd all but emptied the reservoir.

Fitness vs price of an Ezibleed? ;)

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
I was getting the power steering fluid back in and bleeding that system with my brother.
Told him to get in the car to turn the wheel slowly from lock to lock.

The cheeky bugger got straight in the car and whacked the clutched down. As none of the ancillairies had been connected properly the clutch to slave just flew off covering the paint work with DOT4.

Almost had to lay the smack down on him for that.

Still never mind hey. All part of the fun and games.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did it :D what I did was put a pipe on the nipple and into a container then topped the resovoir pulled the pipe back to the first point, then pushed and pulled the pedal and left it for 10 mins whilst doing other bits keeping the resovoir topped up and it gravity bled then pumped the pedal gently twice then pushed the pipe in and hey presto :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts