Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit confused about the spec names of the 156. I thought up until now I had a veloce 2/Lt.... until I had to search for the log book this evening.
My car is a 03 with interior facelift and first registered in Ireland (maybe irish spec is different) it has all the extras, eg. momo seats, bose, sunroof, perforatated steeringwheel, a/c, front fogs, skirts, teledials and the suspension is stiffer than other alfas ive drove.
From what I read, thats all the signs of veloce, but the log book says MY sportivo.
Whats the difference?
Was the car registered wrong?
Is there anywhere on the car that actual has the spec name written on a sticker?
Thanks for any help

·
Registered
30,220 Posts
Is there anywhere on the car that actual has the spec name written on a sticker?
No.

Spec names were different in different markets.
At for what is on the reg document, most just say "Alfa 156", no mention of Veloce etc.. But they can say anything, it all depends on that the person filling out the reg document felt like writing in...

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
So many now have replacement parts unless you have owned it from new you may never really know although eper can help it still isn't definitive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts