Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Went to try change my main headlight bulb this morning. But i cant figure out how to get the electrical connector off the end of the bulb?

I squeezed, i pulled i looked for a clip, but to no avail.

Can anyone shed some light on how this comes off?

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Presuming it's not xenon then it should simply pull directly off the bulb. As far as I recall the only clip is the one holding the bulb itself into the unit - there's no clip holding the connector to the bulb. On my car (Spider) it's particularly fiddly getting the connector off as there's little room behind the unit so no real chance to use leverage with your hands. It's much easier with something (non-conductive!) to help pry the two apart.

Edited to add: just saw that you've a 156 not a 159 so the above might not apply. This thread from the 156 forum seems to cover it:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/68123-replacing-h7-bulb.html

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There,

Its actually a 159, just notced that my profile is wrong!! Ha ha.

Yea, its just the little black square that fits the two prongs from the bulb to the electrical connection.

I can get my hands in ok (im a girl) but just could seem to prise it off. Didnt want to try too hard in case there was a method to getting it off other than pulling.

Ill get a pliers in at it later so to get some leverage and just try pull it yea?

Thanks a mill.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah just pull, giving it a little wiggle. If you replacing a blown bulb, just take it out first and you should be able to pull on the bulb as well for better leverage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts