Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get a quote on line to send a GTV spoiler to a guy in Spain. I put the weight in as 4kg then put in the approximate dimensions and it tells me the volumetric weight is 56kg and refuses to quote or says £196. There must be a sensible site somewhere to send stuff. Anyone any ideas please.

·
Vendor
46,658 Posts
What site are you using? You need to package it up first and weigh it and measure it so you have accurate measurements, you don't want to under/declare and get surcharges not do you want to over-estimate and bump your quote up . They are quite long but are fairly easy to package so shipping shouldn't cost that much.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pud. I guessed around £50. I googled Shipping to Spain and tried the first three sites that popped up. What the heck this volumetric weight is god only knows.
I'm fed up with ebay at the minute, people offering half or less what you ask for don't deserve the goods. I just want stuff out of the way but I'd rather burn it or weigh it in before I let some cheeky git have it for a stupid amount. I like to choose who I give my stuff away to cheaply.:)

·
Vendor
46,658 Posts
The rate they bill you at is the higher of either the true weight, or the volumetric weight.

Volumetric weight is Length (cm) x Width (cm) x Height (cm) /5000.

For example 25kg package, with dimensions 100cm x 50cm x 50cm

Multiply up the length, width & height then divide by 5,000 - it leaves 50, so they bill you the rate for 50kg.

Try here - you are going to need accurate measurements though because if you under-declare, they just take the surcharge straight off your payment card about a week or two later.

International parcel delivery and worldwide parcel services from G WIZZ Courier Services Ltd

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's perfect mate thanks alot. I just put the approx dimensions in and it comes out to about £32.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts