Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I safely remove the fuel rails from the engine without getting squirted with fuel, or even worse breaking something? I have no idea here, anything in Noddy language appreciated. (Last car I played with fueling on had carbs)

Ta.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Something to catch the fuel from the front bank pipe as its the long bugger and some tape to cover the injectors and pipes when they are removed from the rail. It doesnt take much effort to get the rail off the injectors but make sure the injector o rings are still o rings and not oval. Not much to go wrong to be honest.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am quite capable of making a pigs ear of the easiest task!

How do the connectors come away?

Do you unbolt the two securing bokts and pull or is there more to it?

And is there a process for depressurising the rail?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Iirc there are clips on the injectors which pull out and the connectors for the injectors push in and release. remove the fuel line to the rail and unbolt the fuel rail.. then hold/twist the injector whilst pulling up on the fuel rail and it will pop off. then do it for the rest of the injectors. When you put them back in I put a tad of grease on the o rings so they dont catch the edge of the rail and stretch. When the rail is back on, tighten the bolts and stick the clips back in.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found I can depressurise them by poking the needle valve at the end of the rails. Much petrol squirtage results, all over the battery.

Not my finest moment.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I think Captainslow had issues reinstalling after his tart up. I tried looking for the thread but failed.
a bit of petrol misting until he got a new ring is what my memory says

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Yeh thats most likely because the oring went a little oval shaped and caught the rail when installing.
@andymac - its all part of the fun :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts