Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive got one well looked after GTV and I want to keep it that way.
My Question is how do I keep my leather seats moisterised?:confused:
As i dont want them to become cracked and start tearing. At the moment there fine.....but looking ahead etc.
I work in a boxing gym and put vasaline on the punch bags and this works great to keep them in condition, i want to do the same to my seats but with a bit more TLC...;);)

·
Registered
535 Posts
the real bodge way - Smother them in vasoline (although your neighbours will ponder when they see you walking around with vasoline all over your backside)
the run of the meal way - goto Halfords and buy some random leather conditioner
the perfectionist way - Go to the detailers world site and read up on all the different leather cleaners and conditions. There will be a flavour of the moment condition that will be rated for legitimate reasons by the nutters on these boards who know anything and everything about all these car cleaning products.

I chose the later way, and after trying a variety of different products found this one to be pretty decent:

Sonus Leather Care Kit

if your leather is wearing there are products out there which can mask that (dyes etc). The above one is a good cleaner/condition to protect it which is what I think you are after. (13 quid)

·
Registered
30,017 Posts
On my 156 leather seats I've used Autoglym Leather Care Cream.
Usually no more than once a year.
Seats still look like new (it will be 10-years old in October).

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
There are a hundred products you can use. Basically any leather conditioner is better than nothing. Vaselines is even better than nothing but you will get it all over your clothes :lol:

Most leather conditioners wipe on then dry off so you can sit on it dry at least !

I use Autoglym and Pelle Leather conditioner - its for leather lounges but its all the same stuff really.

I reckon every 2-3 months give it 1-2 coats of the stuff. Your leather will soak it up like drinking water.

·
Registered
191 Posts
one thing you have to look out for when using products on leather (especially when it's starting to wear) is not putting gunk on that gets into any creases and allows dirt to mingle with it, as, just like real skin, the dirt eventually causes the creases to crack.

·
Registered
37,341 Posts
I have used Autoglym leather care cream and it is good stuff, however IMO the Gliptone leather care cream is better still.

Plus it makes the leather smell like leather again.

If you have leather that has gone hard, a few light applications over a couple of days will soon make it soft again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi

I use the Autoglym stuff and I think it is pretty good. They also do a cleaner to use beforehand if the leather is dirty. I might hve a go at the Gliptone tho.....

Berni

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like gliptone has got the most responses so might give that a go....cheers...
will post up the results too lol:lol:

J

·
0 Posts
I use Autoglym and have done for years..

When i got the spider the seats were in a terrible state, i used nearly a whole bottle over the period of a few weeks, they are now in excellent condition and have a nice satin sheen to them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts