Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have twins and in the morning need to put them in the car. I am on my own and I don't have time to be putting on slings etc, so handiest is to put one in, and then head back into the house to get the other. This takes around one to two minutes I suppose but the car is out of my sight while I am doing it.

I know it's overly paranoid, but I want to lock the car while I nip back into the house to get twin #2.

I have read the manual, and while I can figure out how turn off the alarm in the cabin, I can't figure out how this helps me when I lock the car.

Any tips?

·
Vendor
45,465 Posts
Is it likely the first twin will set off the alarm if you just lock it with the fob as usual?

·
Registered
7,182 Posts
Isn't your key within the fob metal? Mine is on my Spider.
I wouldn't describe it as delicate.
I used nothing but this key everyday for a fortnight when I had trouble with the boot lock that kept setting off the alarm.
Worked a treat.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it likely the first twin will set off the alarm if you just lock it with the fob as usual?
Yes, has happened twice already!

lussoman said:
Isn't your key within the fob metal? Mine is on my Spider.
I wouldn't describe it as delicate.
I used nothing but this key everyday for a fortnight when I had trouble with the boot lock that kept setting off the alarm.
Worked a treat.
Tis. Looks pretty delicate to me I'm afraid.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Press the button next to the front roof light just before you leave the car (IIRC the light on the button flashes)
then lock the car with the fob, this turns off the interior sensors so the alarm is still on, but movement inside the car doesnt trigger it.

thats what I do when I leave the dogs in the car, they bounce around all over the interior without setting off the alarm. (and I leave the windows open a couple of inches as well)

Axe.

·
Registered
229 Posts
There's a procedure that you can do (manually with foglamp switch or with AlfaOBD or Multiecuscan) that changes the alarm country code. There's info around here somewhere on the 5-6 options. They differ on the intensity of the sound and one has the arm/disarm completely off. Have mine set on that currently.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Press the button next to the front roof light just before you leave the car (IIRC the light on the button flashes)
then lock the car with the fob, this turns off the interior sensors so the alarm is still on, but movement inside the car doesnt trigger it.

thats what I do when I leave the dogs in the car, they bounce around all over the interior without setting off the alarm. (and I leave the windows open a couple of inches as well)

Axe.
Yeah, that's what I have been trying. Can't seem to get it to work mind you - the light on that button activates, but locking the car again seems to cancel it. I will persist I suppose.

I also thought you could hit the central locking button and then close the door, holding the door handle. But the central locking only works when the the key is in the ignition etc.

xenkof said:
There's a procedure that you can do (manually with foglamp switch or with AlfaOBD or Multiecuscan) that changes the alarm country code. There's info around here somewhere on the 5-6 options. They differ on the intensity of the sound and one has the arm/disarm completely off. Have mine set on that currently.
Well, I have Multiecuscan (paid) so must have a look at that also.

·
Administrator
86,834 Posts
If you are worried about breaking your proper key maybe get a blank key cut which will just lock/unlock the doors ?

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Key's fine. Locking with the key doesn't arm the alarm at all
Double flick the key to dead lock it.
Alarm LED still lights though.

Did it all the time on the Brera and the key never broke.

The interior button is to just to disarm the volumetrics.

I think this is the 20th time I've posted this now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts